Excel is very powerful in calculating values in certain conditions. And the function of subtotal is also very useful. Now let’s see how this feature works.
You will certainly need to calculate the total number of some values. And most of the time, the numbers need to meet with certain requirement. For example, you need to calculate a sales representative’s sales quantity, or you need to calculate the sales volume of a certain product.
If the worksheet is in a mess, you will certainly need to spend a lot of time and energy. Thus, the subtotal feature can be a good helper.
Subtotal Employee Sales Volume
Now here are the steps of how to use the subtotal to calculate the values.
- Select any of the cells in the target area. Or you can also select the whole area.
- Click the “Data” tab in the ribbon.
- Then click the “Subtotal” button in the ribbon.
And you will see a new window pop up.
- In this window, you can choose the table that you want to add the value.
- Now click “OK”. And then the Excel will automatically add the numbers of each person.
Subtotal Product Sales Volume
If you want to calculate the sales volume of products and you use the function directly, you will see this result:
Thus, before you use this feature, you should have a bit more settings.
- Select the column that has the product names.
- Click the small arrow under “Sort & Filter” button in the ribbon.
- In the drop-down menu, click the option “Sort A to Z”. Or you can also choose the second option.
- Then in the warning window, choose “Expand the Selection”.
- Now you can click the button “Sort”.
- Repeat the previous part and in the options you should choose “Product”. Thus, the result will be as you wish.
Keep a Distance with Virus
With the advent of computer, virus and malware also appear at the same time. And your computer has been increasingly connected with the internet. Thus, the attack from virus and malware is not uncommon. Although the antivirus software is very powerful and effective in protecting your computer, sometimes you will still suffer from Excel corruption. In addition, the best way to make a remedy is using a third party tool. It can help you repair Excel in a quick time. Besides, even a novice of computer can use this tool easily.
Anna Ma is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including word recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com