Outlook doesn’t provide search filters that can support users to find the contacts that don’t have photo. Thus, if you wish to quickly search out the contacts without a photo, you can use the method shared in this article.
Some users would like to quickly find out all the contacts that don’t contain photo. Yet, by default, Outlook doesn’t offer such a native search filter. Hence, you have to create such a filter in the first place. You could use the piece of VBA code below to achieve it. Then you can alter “View Settings” filter to find the contacts without a photo. Now, we will introduce the detailed steps to you.
Find the Contacts without a Photo
- To begin with, launch your Outlook application.
- Then, access Outlook VBA editor with reference to “How to Run VBA Code in Your Outlook”.
- Next, you need to copy and paste the following VBA code into a module.
Sub CheckIfContactHasPhotoOrNot() Dim objContactsFolder As Outlook.Folder Dim i As Long Dim objContact As Outlook.ContactItem Dim objAttachments As Outlook.Attachments Dim objAttachment As Outlook.Attachment 'Get the Contacts folder Set objContactsFolder = Session.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderContacts) 'Process All Contact Items For i = objContactsFolder.Items.Count To 1 Step -1 If TypeOf objContactsFolder.Items(i) Is ContactItem Then Set objContact = objContactsFolder.Items(i) Set objAttachments = objContact.Attachments For Each objAttachment In objAttachments If InStr(LCase(objAttachment.FileName), "contactpicture.jpg") > 0 Then 'Write the "Has Photo" info to Contact User 1 Field objContact.User1 = "Has Photo" objContact.Save End If Next End If Next End Sub
- Subsequently, you can run this macro. Just tap on the “F5” key button in the current module screen.
- When the macro completes, you can go to the default Contacts folder in your Outlook.
- Next, switch to “View” tab and click on “View Settings” button.
- In the popup dialog box, click on “Filter” button.
- Then, in another new dialog, switch to “Advanced” tab.
- Later, specify the following search filter.
- Click “Fields” button.
- Then, in the popup list, select “Miscellaneous fields” > “User Field 1”.
- Next, in the “Condition” field, choose “is empty”.
- After that, click “Add to List”.
- Lastly, click a series of “OK” to activate the view settings.
- After that, you can return to the Contacts folder pane. You’ll see that only the contacts that don’t have photo exist.
- To get back the contacts that have photo, you can click “Reset View” button in the ribbon.
Get back Corrupted PST Data
Although Outlook is developed with an inbox repair tool – Scanpst, you’ll see that the built-in tool is ineffective when encountering serious issues. Hence, it’s highly suggested to get hold of a reliable and robust external PST repair utility, such as DataNumen Outlook Repair. It’s shouldered over its rivals due to its expertise in PST recovery.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including corrupt mdf and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com