After sending an email with voting options and receiving the recipients’ responses, if you desire to create a contact group from the recipients who vote for a specific option, you can use the method introduced in this article.
At times, you may want to quickly create a contact group from the recipients of a voting email as per their voting responses. For instance, you’ve sent an email to many recipients asking if they’re willing to join in a project. So this mail contains two voting options. One is “Approve”. The other one is “Reject”. After they send their responses, you would like to create a new contact group from the recipients who vote for “Approve” option. In this case, you can use the following way, which is pretty easy and convenient.
Create a Contact Group from the Recipients Voting for a Specific Option
- At the very outset, launch your Outlook application.
- Then, proceed to access Outlook VBA editor by “Alt + F11” key buttons.
- Next, copy and put the following code into an unused module.
Sub CreateContactGroupFromEmailRecipients_SpecificVotingResponse() Dim objMail As Outlook.MailItem Dim objRecipient As Outlook.recipient Dim objContactGroup As Outlook.DistListItem 'Get the source email with voting buttons Select Case Application.ActiveWindow.Class Case olInspector Set objMail = ActiveInspector.CurrentItem Case olExplorer Set objMail = ActiveExplorer.Selection(1) End Select 'Create a new contact group Set objContactGroup = Outlook.Application.CreateItem(olDistributionListItem) For Each objRecipient In objMail.Recipients If objRecipient.TrackingStatus = olTrackingReplied Then 'Add the recipients who vote for "Approve" to this group If objRecipient.AutoResponse = "Approve" Then objContactGroup.AddMember objRecipient End If End If Next 'Display the contact group objContactGroup.Display End Sub
- After that, you should modify “Approve” to the specific voting response as per your actual case.
- Then, exit the current window.
- Later, add this macro to Quick Access Toolbar. About how to do that, refer to the article – “How to Run VBA Code in Your Outlook”.
- Eventually, you can try it.
- First off, select or open an email with voting buttons.
- Subsequently, click the macro button in Quick Access Toolbar.
- At once, macro will work. When it finishes, a new Outlook contact group will display. It contains the email recipients who made a specific voting response, like the following screenshot:
Fight against Outlook Data Loss
No one is willing to accept Outlook data loss. Therefore, it is essential for users to make sufficient precautions, such as building the habit to close Outlook properly, blocking malicious emails as well as making regular data backups for Outlook. In addition, it is prudent to keep a potent, experienced and reliable Outlook repair tool, like DataNumen Outlook Repair.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including corrupt sql and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com