In Excel, sometimes you need to hide certain worksheets. Therefore, in today’s article, we will show how to hide workbooks in excel.
There are three different objects of the hide and show feature: workbook, worksheet and rows or columns. And in this article, we will show you how to hide workbooks in excel. To hide worksheets, you can refer to 2 Simple Methods to Hide Worksheets in Your Excel. To hide specific rows or columns, you can refer to 2 Easy Ways to Hide Specific Rows or Columns in Your Excel.
When you open several workbooks, but you only need to edit one workbook. And then you will need to refer to other files. However, you don’t want to close all the other files. Thus, you can hide them at first. And when you need to use, you can unhide the target workbook.
In this image, you can see that there are 3 workbooks about the sales volume.
Now you are editing the 2016 file and you need to hide the other two workbooks. And the following are the steps to hide them.
- In the interface of the workbook “DataNumen Sales Volume in 2014”, click the “View” Tab in the ribbon.
- And then in the “Window” area, click the button “Hide”. Then you will find that this workbook is hidden.
- Repeat the above steps and hide the other workbook “DataNumen Sales Volume in 2015”. Therefore, you can only see the target workbook.
Now you need to show other workbooks in the screen. And the steps are listed below.
- Still click the “View” tab in the ribbon. You may notice that even if you hide all the workbooks, the ribbon will still be there. So here you can click the tab in any of the unhidden workbook.
- And now click the “Unhide” button in the ribbon.
- In the new pop-up window, select the workbook that you want to show.
- After that, you need to click the button “OK” in the window. Thus, the hidden file will now show up again.
- You can repeat the steps and unhide other workbooks.
Excel Crashes can Lead to Data Loss if you Take Wrong Actions
Sometimes, if you meet with an Excel corruption, the first you can think of is trying to rescue your file as soon as possible. However, if you take the wrong action, things will become worse. And most of the time, you will lose your data forever. In addition, you can use our magnificent tool to fix Excel. What’s more, it is surely the best choice that you can take for your precious data and information.
Anna Ma is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including word recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com