The personal information in Excel files is very important for you. In this article, we will show you how to remove the personal information from Excel files to protect your privacy.
Your computer will certainly contain your personal information. Therefore, when you create an Excel file in this computer, this file will also contain the corresponding personal information. When you need to send your Excel files to other people, you may wonder how you can remove the personal information from the files. The following part shows the steps to finish this task. You can follow the steps and remove the personal information for your own Excel files.
Remove Personal Information
It is very easy to remove personal information from your Excel files.
- Open the Excel file that you need to remove personal information.
- And then click the tab “File” in the ribbon.
- In the backstage of Excel, you can see the information on the right part. Click the button “Check for Issues”.
- In the drop-down menu, choose the option “Inspect Document”.
- Sometimes if you haven’t saved the file, the window will pop up and ask whether you want to save the file or not.
Here you need to choose “Yes” or “No” according to your need.
- After that, you will see the “Document Inspector” window. In this window, make sure that you check the second option for the personal information.
- And then click the button “Inspect”.
- After a while, you can see the result in the window. Click the button “Remove All”. Thus, all the personal information will be removed from this file.
- Next close the window. You will come back to the backstage. At this time, you will not see the information about the related people of this file.
When other people open this file in other computer, they cannot see any personal information. Thus, your personal information will not be seen by other people.
Guarantee the Quality of Backup Files
Even if you have backed up your important files, you still have the possibility of losing all your data and information. Hence, you need to guarantee the quality of backup files. But when you suffer from Excel corruption and cannot repair files by your backup files, you need to take additional actions. A third-party tool that can repair corrupt xls file should be your first choice. With this tool at hand, your Excel files will be always safe.
Anna Ma is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including repair Word doc data damage and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com