With “Mail Merge” feature, we can quickly create and print envelopes tailored to multiple Outlook contacts in batches. This article will introduce the detailed steps to realize it.
When it comes to “Mail Merge”, its most common usage is writing personalized emails, which permits us to create merely one form letter. In reality, apart from this, we can apply “Mail Merge” to create envelopes customized for a number of recipients in batches. Therefore, if you’re interested in this feature, please read on to learn its concrete steps.
Print Envelopes for Multiple Outlook Contacts in Batches
- At first, in Outlook Contacts, select the contacts with mailing addresses which you intend to print the
Note: To verify if a contact has a mailing address, you can open it and check the “Addresses” settings.
- After selecting the contact, click on “Mail Merge” button in “Actions” group under “Home” tab.
- Subsequently, in the popup “Mail Merge Contacts” dialog box, check “Only selected contacts” in “Contacts” section and set “Document type” field as “Envelopes” in “Merge Options” section.
- After clicking “OK”, a word document will open up. You will get a Word alert like the following screenshot. Just hit “OK”.
- Then in “Mail Merge Helper” dialog box, click “Setup” button. Another dialog box of “Envelope Options” will turn up, in which you can change a variety of envelope settings.
- After that, click “OK” button. Then, in the background, you can find the envelope size has been changed to your specified configurations just now. Click “Close” button to exit “Mail Merge Helper” dialog box.
- Now you need to type the return address, namely your own address at the upper right corner.
- Next, you should click on the bottom half of the current envelope interface, which will reveal a hidden box. And press “Address Block” button in “Write & Insert Fields” group under “Mailings” tab.
- In the latter “Insert Address Block” dialog box, you can specify some address elements, such as the recipient’s name format, whether to insert company or postal address and so on.
- Later, you can click “OK” to save your customization and close the dialog box. After backing to the envelope, you will see that “<<AddressBlock>>” is in the dotted box. You can click on “Preview Results” button. Press the right or left arrow to review all the addresses for all the contacts.
You can preview the delivery addresses shown as the following picture:
- Optionally, you can modify the font style of the delivery addresses. Select the “<<AddressBlock>>” characters, shift to “Home” tab and utilize the available tools to change the font at will.
- Eventually you can click “Finish & Merge” button at the end of “Mailing” ribbon. From the drop down list, select “Print Documents”. Then, in the “Merge to Printer” dialog, select “All” and click “OK”. After hitting “OK” in the “Print” dialog box, all the envelopes tailored to all contacts will be printed out.
Salvage Outlook Data in Case of Crashes
If you’ve used Outlook for decades, you must have ever met up with Outlook crashes multiple times. Without a doubt, keeping a data backup will be blazing helpful. If backups still fail to recover Outlook data for some reasons, it is time for you to recur to a well-proven repair tool, such as DataNumen Outlook Repair.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com