There are many reasons why pictures don’t display in emails. In this article, we will explore one – Show Picture Placeholders is enabled.
Boasting of various powerful abilities, Outlook has gotten a stellar reputation as an excellent communication medium. For instance, in the aspect of Outlook email messages, not only can users type text messages, but also they can edit pictures directly in message, like rotating, cropping and compressing, etc. Nevertheless, at times if users configure Outlook incorrectly, something wrong may occur, such as picture don’t display in Outlook emails.
The Three Primary Reasons Why Pictures Can’t Display in Outlook Emails
In conclusion, there are three main reasons leading to this problem. The first one is that we block sources of pictures, thus picture cannot be downloaded automatically. The second one is that the temporary file folder is full, with no more space for other data. The third one is that Outlook is configured with “Show Picture Placeholders”. This refers to that picture will be replaced by an empty box in message, which aims to improve the performance of scrolling bar.
Examine Whether Show Picture Placeholders Is Enabled
- To start with we should click “New Email” in “Home” ribbon, opening the window of a new message.
- Then switch to “File” menu and click “Options”. And in the popup interface of “Outlook Options”, select “Mail” option.
- Under “Mail”, we would be required to locate and click “Editor Options” button in the section of “Compose Message”.
- Next a new window will arise, in which we have to choose “Advanced” option.
- Later pulling the scrolling bar to find “Display Email Content”. It consists of all email content elements like pictures, texts, bookmarks and so on. We can certainly find the desired item – Show Picture Placeholders. In order to disable it, we should uncheck it if it’s been ticked.
- Finally click a series of “OK” and close the “Message” page, back to Outlook.
The above steps focus on the third reason. As long as confirmed that Show Picture Placeholders is not activated, we could exclude this reason and then turn to other two reasons.
What Triggers Outlook Crashes
It is well known that even though Outlook is a near perfect email client, it has its own weaknesses. It is too vulnerable due to multifarious factors. Virus infections, malware attacks, frequent closing improperly and power outages may push Outlook into risk. Therefore, users should take care of Outlook application in case of serious data loss and corruptions. If one day Outlook files are really inaccessible, we should apply a mighty repair tool like DataNumen Outlook Repair for effectual Outlook recovery. We will be satisfied with its high recovery rate as well as its swiftness.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com