In this article we will explore the Quick steps feature available in Ms Outlook and understand what it can achieve.
Whether you agree or not, MS Outlook has been designed in such a way that all its features aim at saving a lot of time of the user and one such feature is Quick Steps. Offering a number of options to choose from, this feature will make your working in Outlook simplified and fun. By reading this article you will get a clear idea of how to initiate Quick Steps in Outlook.
First of all, let us describe the Quick Steps Feature in depth for you. Well, as the name suggests, this feature enables the user to apply a number of actions at one go to an email message in Outlook. The main aim of introducing this feature in Outlook is to manage your mailbox hassle free and quickly. Like for instance, if you manually move your messages to particular folders, then using Quick Step you can instantly move all the messages with just one click.
The best thing worth mentioning about Quick Steps is that it can be easily customized and you are free to create your own Quick Steps gallery for your desired actions for your email messages. The moment you once use a default Quick Step, you are given the choice to customize or configure it. In fact, there is a whole list of Default Quick Steps that are offered in MS Outlook and they are as follows:
1. Move To: Using this quick step you can quickly move particular messages to a specific mail folder.
2. Team E-Mail: This is perhaps one of the best quick steps for those who work in teams, as it allows you to forward a message to all the members of your team. However, all your teammates must be first detected in the Global Address List.
3. To Manager: With this step, you can forward particular messages directly to the manager if the name of your manager is listed in the Global Address List.
4. Create New: As the name suggests, this step enables you to create your own quick step to execute a series of commands. Not only, this it allows you to name it and apply an icon that identifies it.
5. Reply & Delete: Using this quick step you can open a particular reply to a selected message and after this delete the original message.
6. Done: This quick step quickly moves a particular message to a specified folder and then marks it as complete and also as read.
This is not all; users can also change the already existing Quick Steps by going to the Mail Option and then on the Home Tab. Under the Quick Steps Option, select the More Option and click on the Manage Quick Steps. You can easily customize a Quick Step Option and select the Modify Option. Then, by going under Actions Option, you are allowed to add the actions that you want the Quick Step to do for your messages. You may also assign a shortcut by going to the Shortcut Key for a Quick Step. Lastly, name it using the Name Box and click on Ok.
Make it a point to avoid data loss during a PST crash
Over the years, countless Outlook users have lost their valuable emails in an Outlook crash. If you wish to avoid such a fate then make it a point to keep an Outlook recovery software like the DataNumen Outlook Repair in your system. It would come to your rescue when you need to access your compromised PST file without wasting hours. In a matter of minutes it can get back all your data irrespective of whether the PST file is stored in an optical disk or a removal flash media drive.
Alan Chen is President & Chairman of DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit https://www.datanumen.com/