When Outlook keeps crashing upon launch, we tend to start it in safe mode. But if Outlook crashes even in safe mode and throw out the error related to Mspst32.dll, how can you get rid of this issue?
If the error refers to the Mspst32.dll file, unquestionably, it signifies a corruption in your Outlook (PST) file. Therefore, provided that Mspst32.dll file gets damaged, you will come across some issues when launching Outlook. And at the same time, you will definitely receive an error. Now read on to get deep acquaintance with the solutions to this problem.
Launch ScanPST to Fix Mspst32.dll Error
Applying ScanPST doesn’t require you to hold too much computer technologies. Therefore, you should start from scanning your PST file with the built-in repair tool, ScanPST.
Search “Scanpst” in Windows Explorer to find out this free tool. After that, double click to launch it. Later you can just follow its onscreen instructions to initiate the repair progress. After completing the repair, restart Outlook to see if the problem solved.
Find out Mspst32.dll File on Your Computer
If the ScanPST cannot come into effect, you should turn to the root of this issue, namely the Mspst32.dll file.
- Firstly, copy the following location in the address bar of Windows Explorer: “C:\WINDOWS\system32\mspst32.dll”
- Verify if the Mspst32.dll is over there. If it is located there, rename it, such as “Mspst32.old” or just delete it. Then restart Outlook. If Outlook is still unable to work properly, move on to the next step.
- Open the directory of ScanPST “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14”, in which find out the Mspst32.dll file and rename it to “.old”.
- Eventually you should try to start Outlook again. In this process, Outlook will go through the repair process and recreate the Mspst32.dll file at the correct location automatically.
Create a New Mail Profile
If the above means fail as well, you should create a new mail profile to have a try.
- Go to “Control Panel”, and select “Mail” applet.
- In the new dialog box, click “Show Profiles”.
- Next in the subsequent screen, click “Add” to create a new one.
- Later take the corresponding operations according to its instructions.
- Finally after creating the profile and adding email accounts successfully, restart Outlook.
Go for Third Party Outlook Repair Tool
After employing the ScanPST and the other approaches, if the issue persists, then you have no choice but to take aid of a robust third party tool, like DataNumen Outlook Repair. This tool is well versed in PST recovery. Irrespective of in hard drive or virtual drive, it can recover your Outlook data with utmost ease.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com