In an Excel file, you will certainly change some values. Thus, to monitor the change of result is very important. And the camera tool can be a very effective method.
In our previous article, we have introduced about the Watch Window: How to Monitor the Changes of Important Cells through Watch Window in Excel. And in this article, we have another method which has the same effect.
In this image, the source of the total number is from another worksheet “Sales Volume”. And this is a worksheet of bonus for employee of 2015.
But you need to change some values in the original sheet. Therefore, you want to know whether the target numbers also change. Except for the watch window, here you can use the camera.
Add the Camera Command
Before you apply this feature, you need to first add the button in the quick access toolbar.
- Click the small arrow in the quick access tool bar.
- Then in the drop-down menu, click the option “More Commands”.
- In the “Excel Options” window, click the small arrow of “Choose commands from”.
- Then choose the “All Commands”.
- Drag the scroll bar and find the command of “Camera”.
- Click the “Camera”.
- Click the button “Add” to add the camera into the toolbar.
- Then click “OK”. Thus, this command will be in the quick access toolbar.
Use the Camera Tool
- Select the target area that you want to monitor.
- Click the “Camera” in the quick access toolbar.
- And then move to the original worksheet.
- Now drag your mouse and draw any of a shape. And once you release the mouse, you will create a picture in Excel.
- Now if you change the values in the original cell, the result in the picture will also change. For example, here we need to modify Paul’s sales volume of Datanumen Excel Repair. The total number in the worksheet changes. Besides, you can also find that the number in the image also changes.
In addition, if you make some change in the bonus worksheet, it will also appear in the image that you have created. And the format, such as font, color, fill color and others will also appear in the image just like the picture by a camera.
Excel Crash will Cause trouble to you
Excel is equipped with many features. And once you get accustomed to it, you will find it hard to finish your work without using Excel. However, Excel crush can cause troubles to you, especially when you couldn’t use it any more. To solve such Excel corruption, you can use a third party tool to repair Excel.
Anna Ma is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including word recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com