This article will present you the way to easily manage your Word file by setting document properties smartly.
Naturally, we will store quite a few Word files on our computer for regular access. However, over time, the number of our documents will only grow. Then we will have our hands tied in finding a certain document quickly. Especially, there can be times when we have several files with similar names.
It is therefore that we will introduce you the way to manage files through setting document properties.
Set Document Properties
- First and foremost, make sure you have opened the target file in Word.
- Second, go to the backstage by clicking “File” tab.
- Then click “Info” option.
- Next, click “Show All Properties” to extend the list of property options on the right-most column.
- And then you can choose to set on whatever properties you like. For example, here we input information in “Tags”, “Comments” and “Categories” text box, such as below:
- Certainly, in case these properties do not meet your need, you can click “Properties”.
- Then choose “Advanced Properties” on the drop-down menu.
- Now the Properties dialog box will pop up. Click “Summary” option.
- Then enter information if necessary.
- Next click “OK” to save your change.
- Last but not the least, save your File.
How Can You Benefit
Setting on document properties means you have to do little extra work after creating your files, but you will benefit from it the next time you try to find a file among thousands of others.
- Firstly, open Word.
- Then click “File”.
- Next click “Open” to have the same-name window on your screen.
- Go to the location where you store your files first.
- Then click the upside-down triangle on “Change your view” button.
- Choose “Details”. So you can see details of your files.
- Yet, there are some properties missing on the view. Now you right click on any column name, such as “Name”.
- Then check the properties you want to display. If some options are not there, you should click “More”.
- In “Choose Details” dialog box, check the options you need.
- Then click “OK”. Now you can see these properties option show on “Open” window.
- Actually if the comment is too long to show on the window, you can put your cursor on the file name. Then you can view the complete comment in the balloon.
- Besides, if you enter tags in “Search files” text box, you can quickly find target file in highlight.
Go All out to Save Your Files
File loss is definitely a heavy topic in daily work. Yet, no matter how well you’ve prepared, you can still be the victim of file damage. So you cannot underestimate the importance of file repair. Once the tragedy comes, you should choose a proficient Word document repair tool as soon as possible.
Vera Chen is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including xlsx error repair product and pdf repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com