Read this article to boost up your SQL Server queries
The speed of query execution in an SQL Server Database is a critical aspect to keep in mind especially if you wish to boost an overall performance. Choosing the right indexes and knowing which ones to use at which situation is another important aspect for increasing the efficiency of the server. So, here are some relevant tips that can make your SQL Queries super efficient.
- Use SQL Server Profiler Properly: The first smart tip to enhance the performance of SQL Queries is to use SQL Server Profiler in a proper way. For this, you first need to examine the scans of big tables to determine the tables that actually need to be indexed.
- Prefer Clustered Indexes: In one of our earlier article, we discussed about clustered and non-clustered indexes. This time, we will advice you to prefer the clustered ones for better results especially if you wish to select a group of values in a specific order.
- Consider Covering Indexes: Another similar tip is to use covering indexes for queries that get repeated again and again in the same table on an SQL server because these covering indexes are meant to work faster on repeated queries.
- Consider the Order of Composite Indexes: In case, you are generating composite indexes, then make sure to consider the order for better efficiency. In other words, the order of the columns in a composite index plays a vital role in overall performance in the server.
- Reduce the Index Size: Another useful tip to enjoy efficient SQL Queries is by reducing the Index size, as the narrow the index size, the faster it will be operated upon and processed for better results in an SQL Server Database. Remember, the lesser the index size, the faster the server will be able to work on all of them without any speed issues.
- Generate Surrogate Primary Key: Not many database users know the importance of the primary key, so we advise you to generate a surrogate integer primary key or an identity especially your table doesn’t has many index processes. Moreover, if you wish to join together many tables, then creating a surrogate integer primary key a good option to boost your SQL Queries performance.
- Limit your Index Usage: Lastly, try your best to limit the index usage while working on SQL Queries for an enhanced performance. Make an attempt to use up to maximum 5 indexes in a table and in case you have some read only tables, you can increase the number of indexes a bit.
Keep a MDF Repair tool handy to ensure business continuity
If the MDF file of your SQL Server database gets corrupted, it risks compromising all your data records. To maintain business continuity, it is ideal to keep a sql server recovery application like the formidable DataNumen SQL Recovery application handy for initiating a recovery operation. Just run the application after a SQL crash and it will recover the corrupted MDF file within minutes in most cases. Moreover the tool is not bothered by the storage media on which the file is located and it can handle virtual drives with effortless ease.
Alan Chen is President & Chairman of DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including access recovery and sql recovery software products. For more information visit https://www.datanumen.com/
Leave a Reply