When you use some search tools to find some contacts, you may hope to determine which Outlook data file the search results belong to. This article will look at this issue and teach you how to achieve it in quick time.
In Outlook, you can restrict the search scope when using instant search, like the following screenshot. If you search contacts directly in the current folder, you will have no the troubles of determining which Outlook data file the search results are in. But if you opt to search “All Contact Items”, it’ll be a bit knotty.
Fortunately, you can utilize the following approach to easily get it. If you have the similar requirements and troubles, read on to learn the detailed steps.
Use “Outlook Data File” Column
- At the beginning, you can start Outlook and head to Contacts pane as usual.
- Then click in the search box to make “Search” ribbon visible and change the scope to “All Contact Items”.
- Subsequently, you should switch to “View” tab and click on “View Settings”. In the popup dialog box, you ought to press “Columns” button.
- After that, another “Show Columns” dialog box will show up. In it, you should follow the steps below:
- Firstly, select the “All Mail fields” from the “Select available columns from” drop down list.
- And then from the “Available columns” box, you ought to locate and pitch on the “Outlook Data File”.
- Next click on “Add” button.
- After “Outlook Data File” is added to the right box, you can use “Move Up” and “Move Down” button to change the order of columns.
- Lastly click a series of “OK” until you close all the dialog boxes.
- Later you can type the keywords about the contacts in the instant search box.
- Finally, after the results totally arise, you can easily get which Outlook data file the contacts are in.
Do Not Leave Outlook Issues Aside
If you’ve used Outlook for decades, it is inevitable that Outlook have encountered myriad issues in various manners. How do you deal with them? In many cases, it can recover by itself simply restarting Outlook. However, if restating cannot make effects, what can you do? Just leave the issues aside or continue to resolve them? It is apparent that solving as soon as possible is advisable. For instance, if you are in face of Outlook PST data error, you can firstly try Inbox repair tool, Scanpst.exe. If it fails, you can proceed to resort to another experienced tool, like DataNumen Outlook Repair.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including repair damaged SQL mdf and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com