The Contacts feature in the Outlook client allows you to store a plethora of information about an entity at a single place in a well structured manner. The contacts folder in Outlook over a period of time becomes a treasure trove of important data. It can include list of your clients, suppliers, employees and just about anyone with whom you do business with. Now at times you may need to copy the details of a contact in the email body for sharing it with others. Let’s look at how this can be quickly achieved in Outlook.
Including the Contact in the Email body with the Insert Item option
- Launch the Ms Outlook application and launch a New Email Message
- Click on the drop down option near the attachments icon and click on Item option from the drop down list
- In the Insert Item screen that opens up, under the Look in choices click on Contacts
- Next select the specific Contact from the list of items and double click on it
- Check whether the Contact appears as attachment in the email body.
Drag and Drop a Contact into the Email
- Open a New Email Message and resize the window to cover a part of the screen
- Click on the Contacts folder and change the size of the window to a part of the screen. Make sure both the Contacts folder screen and Email Message screen can be viewed together
- Next from the Contacts folder just drag and drop the contacts that you wish to include into the Email body
- Once all the contacts that you wish to include have been added, close the Contacts folder and send the email.
Securing your Contact Data from the vagaries of Ms Outlook crashes
Outlook crashes can have a deliberating effect on your business if you are using the tool for marketing outreach. Not only can it jeopardize your emails, all the data stored in the contacts folder can vaporize within minutes. Given the scenario, it makes great sense for a business user to invest in an outlook recovery tool like DataNumen Outlook Repair. This powerful tool can assuredly get back all the contacts data besides emails and calendar entries in case of an Outlook crash. It also is extremely useful for performing housekeeping tasks on the Outlook mailbox and breaking the PST file into multiple parts. Moreover the tool has the prowess to find a missing PST file which does not appear in a simple Windows search. The application is not hassled by where a specific PST file is located and it can work on nearly every media type, from a solid state device to a mirror disk file. You also have a great deal of control in moderating the output of the recovery process and if needed you can recover a whole set of compromised PST files in one go.
Alan Chen is President & Chairman of DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com/products.htm