If you are using Outlook in your office on an Exchange backbone, you can easily block resources such as conference rooms or projectors right out of your favorite email client.
Gone are the days when you had to search for conference rooms to conduct important official meetings. Thanks to MS Outlook for encompassing an innovative feature that allows you to block official resources. Yes, you got us right; we are talking about the Room Mailbox Feature of Outlook which essentially works as part of Resource Mailboxes of Ms Exchange.
First of all, let us throw some light on why and for what purpose does Resource mailboxes in exchange serve. This interesting feature allows you to book conference rooms for meetings in the form of mailboxes. Well, with this feature, Outlook enables you to book resources only when it is used in sync with a MS Exchange Server. Nowadays, employees in a majority of big corporations are using Outlook to book conference rooms with utmost ease. Not only this, they use it and enjoy it, as it saves them a lot of time that otherwise used to go waste in the old typical way of booking conference rooms.
Now, we will acquaint you with the steps that are involved in creating a room mailbox in MS Outlook. There are about eight steps in all that are to be followed and they are as following:
1. The first step involves you to sign in the Microsoft Online Portal.
2. After this, you will be required to choose the Manage Link that comes under Exchange option straight on the main Admin Homepage.
3. Once this is done, select the Manage My Organization Option from the Exchange Control Panel.
4. Then, choose the Users & Groups and finally choose the option of Mailboxes.
5. Next, you need to click on New and choose Room Mailbox from the options in the drop down list. You will be required to enter a geo-location name in the Room Name Field.
6. Then comes, the turn to fill three more fields, namely, the Phone, Location and Capacity.
7. This is the most important step in which you will be asked to choose between two different Booking Requests Options. Firstly, Automatic Decline or Accept the Booking Request, in which a meeting request automatically reserves the room if it is valid. Secondly, Choose the Delegates to Decline or Accept the Booking Requests in which the delegates can freely accept or decline the meeting request that is sent to them in the MS room mailbox. You can even delete a delegate by simply choosing a user and clicking on Remove.
8. Last step is clicking on the Save Option to confirm your room booking.
Ideally your Exchange administrator or tech support personnel at your office would be able to set resource mailboxes for you with ease and you should leave the task to them.
Surviving a PST crash without data loss may require more than just luck
If you have encountered a deliberating PST crash, you may need more than just luck to save your data. The best option involves procuring an advanced pst recovery tool like the powerful DataNumen Outlook Repair to retrieve the data without losing its integrity. The tool incidentally is designed to work with most media types and can handle large files with ease.
Alan Chen is President & Chairman of DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit https://www.datanumen.com/