Excel can serve as a very good helper in our work. And here we will discuss about the fill series features.
In the process of using Excel, you may probably apply the fill features in certain row or columns. This is indeed a very practical feature in Excel. In addition, it has some other usage that can also help you finish some tasks. And now we will discuss about the fill series features in detail.
Fill Series Feature
Suppose you need to record the monthly sales volume in Excel. And you want to input the date into the cell beforehand. Thus, the next time, you only need to input numbers.
- Input the first date in the cell.
- Click the right bottom corner of the cell and then drag it downwards.
- Next release your mouse. And the date will be in the cells. The default fill value for date is 1 day. So the date in cells in incremented day by day. Thus, next we will change the step.
- After that, you will see a small button on the left of the column. Click it and you will see a new menu.
- And then choose the target option that you need. If you choose “Fill Months”, you will see that the date increment is a month.
Specify the Length
And if you want to record in a certain period, you can also follow the steps below.
- Repeat the first 3 steps in the former part.
- Now click the button “Fill” in the ribbon.
- And then in the menu, click the option “Series”.
- In the series window, you will see that the type is “Date”. Excel will automatically identify the text that you input. And here you need to choose the “Date unit” and the “Step value” according to your need. Here we input 7 into it.
- And then click “OK”. Thus, the date in the cell will increase every 7 days.
Except for date value, you can also input other numbers and use the fill series feature. In your actual work, it can be very convenient.
Do Not Allow Excel Crash to Wipe out Data and Information
In an Excel crash, your data and information have the greatest possibility to be lost. Thus, you should be more careful about your Excel files. Instead of back up files, you are suggested to prepare an Excel recovery tool at hand. Thus, you can guarantee the security of your File.
Anna Ma is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including word recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com