Excel can be a very useful tool for storing and editing data and information. Its big capacity allows you to input a lot of information in it. In addition, in this article we will talk about customizing lists according to you need to improve your efficiency.
The Microsoft has input many economic features in Excel. And there exists a very convenient feature in Excel, which can improve your work efficiency more than twice. This is exactly what we will introduce today. The feature of customizing lists can be applied into many areas, such as the often used products names. In the image, you can see that there are the name of some products and their sales volume.
In the next season, you still need to input the name of those products. Copy and paste is the most common way to accomplish this. But using customizing lists can be more convenient. And follow us and see how it works.
- Click the “File” on the ribbon.
- And then click “Options”.
- Now you will see the new window. And click the button of “Advance”.
- In the new interface, drag the scroll bar until you see the part of “General”.
- Thus, in this part, click the button “Edit Custom Lists”. And the window of “Custom Lists” will pop up.
- Now it comes to adding lists. There are two different ways.
If the products names have already been input in the worksheet, you can input the area into the small text box. And then click the button “Import” on the right.
Else, you can also manually input the names into the big text box. You need to use the comma or press the key “Enter” to separate the names.
And then click “Add” on the left.
- Now click the button “OK” to import the lists.
- Now you come back to the worksheet. And you can test if you have the right setting. Click a blank cell. And make sure that the following cells in the same lists are also blank.
- Input the first name “apple”.
- Put your mouse to the bottom right corner of the cell. When you see the shape “+”, drag your mouse. And then the cells will automatically fill with the following products names.
Thus, the next time you need to use this list, you only need to input the first name into the cell. And if you will never use this list, you can also delete it in the “Custom Lists” window.
Salvage your Information in Excel Files
Excel file has greatly supported our work in many aspects. However, once you get affected by virus or malware, the files could corrupt. And you cannot access to your information. To solve this problem, you can use an Excel repair tool to salvage your information and data. Thus, you will never need to worry about suffering from great loss due to Excel file corruption.
Anna Ma is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including word recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com