There is a contact folder in Windows system. This article will introduce the method to import Windows contacts into Outlook in quick time.
With respect to importing Windows contacts into Outlook, the concrete operations depend on the different Outlook versions which you are using. If you are using Outlook 2007 or Outlook 2010, it would be much easier in that Outlook provides a native feature to import Windows contacts. But if you are using Outlook 2003 or 2013 version, it would be a little troublesome in that they have no native support to import Windows contacts. So you need to export Windows contacts as a CSV file first and then import the file into Outlook. Here are the elaborate steps.
For Outlook 2007 or Outlook 2010
- To begin with, start Outlook application and go to “File” > “Open” > “Import”.
- Then in the “Import and Export Wizard” dialog box, select “Import Internet Mail and Addresses” and click “Next”.
- Next select “Outlook Express 4.x, 5.x, 6.x or Windows Mail”, and uncheck the option “Import Mail”. And then click “Next”.
- In the subsequent screen, you need to specify whether to allow duplicates or not. After the selection, click “Finish” button.
- After that, the import progress will begin. In the finally emerging dialog box, you can see how much contacts have been imported.
- Here if you click “Save in Inbox”, you will receive a mail from Microsoft, like the following screenshot:
For Outlook 2003 or Outlook 2013
- For a start, browse to Windows Contacts folder in File Explorer.
- Then click “Export” button in the toolbar. From the popup “Export Windows Contacts” dialog, select “CSV (Comma Separated Values)” and click “Export”.
- Click “Browse” button, and specify the saving destination and name. And hit “Save” button.
- After backing to “CSV Export” screen, click “Next”. And then select the fields which you wish to export. Lastly click “Finish” button.
- When export progress completes, you can get a CSV file in the preset saving location.
- After that, turn to Outlook program and then go to “File” > “Open” > “Import”.
- In the popup dialog box, select “Import from another program or file” and press “Next”.
- Later select “Comma Separated Values (Windows)” and click “Next”.
- And then click “Browse” button to select the previously saved CSV file and press “Next”.
- Next select the destination contact folder to import into and click “Next”.
- Eventually press “Finish” button to start importing. After the import progress, the windows contacts will be imported to Outlook successfully.
Retrieve Outlook Data in the Event of Crashes
Outlook crash is nearly a common occurrence for regular users. Therefore, it is necessary to learn how to rescue Outlook and recover Outlook data. If you have backups, you can revert to the backups with ease. If you have no backups, you can recur to a specialized repair tool like DataNumen Outlook Repair.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com