Facebook know all of your friends’ birthdays. With ones’ birthdays upcoming, you will get notified. This article will teach you to import both Facebook birthdays and upcoming events to Outlook.
Actually Facebook has a connection with Microsoft Outlook, which permits us to import all Facebook events to Outlook. Not only can we import them to our original calendar, but also we are able to create a separate calendar for them. Here are the concrete steps.
Import Facebook Birthdays and Events into Your Default Calendar
- For a start, login to your Facebook and head to your Home page.
- On the left side of Home page, locate and click “Events” in Favorites section.
- Then in the new page of “Events”, pull the scrolling bar until reach the bottom of page. You can see a box at the right bottom part. It mentions that you can add your events to Microsoft Outlook. There exist two links, namely “Upcoming Events” and “Birthdays”.
- Right click “Upcoming Events” or “Birthdays” and select “Copy Shortcut” from its context menu.
- Paste the address in the Address Bar of your Internet browser. You can see the address begins with “webcal” protocol, so you need to replace it with “https”. And press “Enter”.
- Next you will receive a prompt. You should choose “Save” to save the ics file to local.
- Later launch Outlook and go to “File” menu, select “Open” and click “Import” button.
- Select “Import an iCalendar…” and click “Next”.
- In the subsequent window, find the ics File and click “Open”.
- A new prompt will arise, in which click “Import” button. All events or birthdays will be imported into your default calendar finally.
Add Facebook Calendar as an Internet Calendar
- Repeat the step 1 to 3 introduced above.
- Then directly click “Upcoming Events” or “Birthdays” link. A prompt will show up, in which you should click “Allow” to permit Outlook run automatically.
- Next in Outlook window, you can see another dialog box, which asks whether to add an Internet calendar to Outlook and subscribe to update”. You can click “Advanced” to make a further setting. Or you can click “Yes” directly. This calendar will be added to Outlook immediately.
- Finally you can head to Outlook Calendar, where you can find it called as “Friends’ Birthdays” or “XXX’s Facebook Events”.
Essential Precautions to Outlook Corruptions
It is known that Outlook is considerably susceptible to corruption. Confronted with crashes, all items will be at risk, irrespective of calendar items, emails or contacts. Thus in order to avoid the terrible situation, you should take several essential precautions, such as making regular backups, closing Outlook properly and disable auto-downloading unknown files, etc. Besides, it is necessary to get hold of a repair tool like DataNumen Outlook Repair, which can help you repair Outlook files as soon as possible.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com