The worksheets in Excel will have deep relation with each other. And now we will demonstrate how to import data from other worksheets.
The multiple worksheets in Excel will work together to help you solve your problem. And you can also built connection through importing data from other sheets. In this image below, you can see that this is the worksheet of sales volume of different sales representative.
Now you need to import the sales volume of “DataNumen Excel Repair” to another worksheet. Except for using formulas and the method of copy and paste, you can also follow the steps below.
- Click the target cell where you want to put the data in.
- Then click the “Data” tab in the ribbon.
- Next click “From Other Sources”.
- And in the drop-down menu, click the option “From Microsoft Query”.
- In the “Choose Data Source” window, choose the option “Excel Files”.
- Next click “OK”.
- And then in the “Select Workbook” window, select the target workbook. Here you need to import data from the sheet in the same workbook, so choose the same file.
- Next click “OK”.
- And then you can see the “Query Wizard”. Click the button “Options”.
- In the “Table Options” window, check the option “System Tables”.
- Click “OK”.
- Now in the area of “Available tables and columns” area, expand the sheet that contains the source data.
- And then choose the target column and import to query.
- After that, click “Next”.
- In the “Filter Data” window, set the criteria of rows if you need. And then click “OK”.
- If you want to sort the data, you can also set in the “Sort Order” window. Then click “Next”.
- Click “Finish” in the last window.
- And then you will see the window of “Import Data”. Choose the type that you want to view. Here we choose “Table”.
- Last click “OK”. Thus, the data and information will all import into the target area.
You can see that this method give you a lot of flexibility to arrange data. Therefore, the next time, you may try this method in your worksheet.
Excel Crash will Make Your Work in a Mess
Even though the Excel can help you arrange data and information, it will also be victim to crash. And once such accident happens, your will face the danger of losing your valuable information. Hence you can use our specially designed Excel repair tool to solve this problem. It is an insurance for your data security.
Anna Ma is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including word recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com