When you need to show the data and information in a more intuitive way, you will certainly use a chart. In this article, we will show you how to create a thermometer chart in your worksheet.
The shape of a thermometer is very special. And you can use it to show some special information. For example, you can show the completion of sales volume in the chart. The image below shows the sales target and the completion of a product.
Now we will create a thermometer chart for this range.
Create a Thermometer Chart
- Click a cell within the range. You can also select the whole range.
- And then click the tab “Insert” in the ribbon.
- After that, click the button “Column” in the toolbar.
- Next choose the option “Clustered Chart” in the drop-down list.
- Thus, you will see the column chart in the worksheet. You will also see the “Chart Tools” tab in the ribbon. Here click the button “Switch Row/Column” in the toolbar.
- In this step, delete the horizontal axis, the gridlines and the legend.
- And then right click the column for the target in the chart.
- In the pop-up menu, choose the option “Format Data Series”.
- In the window, choose the option “Secondary Axis”.
- Click the tab “Fill” in the window.
- Set the option into “No fill”.
- Next click the “Border Color” tab in the window.
- And then choose the “Solid line”.
- In this step, set the color for the border.
- And then click the first vertical axis in the chart.
- Set the “Maximum” into “Fixed”. You need to input the number according to your actual worksheet.
- Repeat the above step and change the second vertical axis.
- Now you can close the window.
- And then delete the second vertical axis.
- Adjust the width of the chart to a suitable size. You can refer to the image below.
- After that , double click the first vertical axis again.
- And then change the “Major tick mark type” into “Inside”.
- Next click the column in the chart.
- In the window, set the “Gap Width” into “No Gap”.
- Click the column again and press the right arrow button on the key board to select another column.
- In this step, also change the “Gap Width” into “No Gap”.
- And then set the fill color for this column in the window. You can choose a suitable color.
- In the end, close the window. The major part of the thermometer chart has appeared in the worksheet.
- Click the tab “Insert” in the ribbon.
- And then click the button “Shapes”.
- After that, in the drop-down menu, choose the “Oval”.
- Press the button “Shift” on the keyboard and draw a circle in the chart. When you finish drawing a circle, you can release the key and your mouse.
- Next change the color of the circle. And move it under the column. Therefore, you have finished the task.
You can also make other settings according to your own need. Whenever the number changes in the original range, the thermometer chart will also change accordingly. This works like a real thermometer in your worksheet.
Reject Unknown Source Files
Sometimes you will receive some unknown source files. At this moment, you need to reject them. Some of the files may contain virus or other malicious program. However, if you still get affected by those files, you need to take additional actions, especially for your Excel files. In order to repair corrupt Excel xls data quickly and easily, you can purchase a third-party tool. With this tool at hand, you will never need to worry about your data and information.
Anna Ma is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including repair corrupt docx file and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com