If you want to batch remove the pictures in the business cards of all contacts, namely changing all business cards to “Text Only” style, you can use the way in this article. It can let you accomplish such a seemingly troublesome task in a jiffy.
When you add a photo to a contact, the photo will be auto added to the contact’s business card. Then, if you prefer to show business cards in “Text Only” style, you have to manually remove the pictures in business cards one by one. That could be quite cumbersome and tedious. Thus, in the followings, we will teach you a much handier approach. It allows you to realize it in batches.
Batch Remove the Pictures in the Business Cards of All Contacts
- At the very beginning, start Outlook and open a Contacts folder.
- Then, double click on a contact to open it.
- Next, in the opened Contact window, double click on the “Business Card”.
- In the subsequent “Edit Business Card” dialog box, choose “Text Only” from the drop down list of “Layout”.
- Later, click “OK” and save this contact.
- After that, keep selecting this contact and press “Alt + F11” to trigger Outlook VBA editor.
- In the displayed “Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications” window, copy the following VBA code into a module.
Dim objModelContact As Outlook.ContactItem Sub RemovePicturesBusinessCard_AllContacts() Dim objStore As Outlook.Store Dim objFolder As Outlook.Folder 'Get the model contact whose business card is "Text Only". Set objModelContact = Outlook.Application.ActiveExplorer.Selection.Item(1) For Each objStore In Outlook.Application.Session.Stores For Each objFolder In objStore.GetRootFolder.Folders If objFolder.DefaultItemType = olContactItem Then Call ProcessContactsFolders(objFolder) End If Next Next End Sub Sub ProcessContactsFolders(ByVal objContactsFolder As Outlook.Folder) Dim i As Integer Dim objContact As Outlook.ContactItem Dim objSubfolder As Outlook.Folder For i = objContactsFolder.Items.Count To 1 Step -1 If objContactsFolder.Items(i).Class = olContact Then Set objContact = objContactsFolder.Items(i) objContact.BusinessCardLayoutXml = objModelContact.BusinessCardLayoutXml objContact.Save End If Next 'Process all subfolders recursively If objContactsFolder.Folders.Count > 0 Then For Each objSubfolder In objContactsFolder.Folders Call ProcessContactsFolders(objSubfolder) Next End If End Sub
- After that, tap on “F5” key button to run this macro now.
- Finally, when macro finishes, you can go back to Contacts folders. You will see that the pictures in all contacts’ business cards have been removed.
Manage Your Outlook Items Well
As a regular user of Outlook, you are likely to have a great amount of items in the Outlook, including miscellaneous emails, various contacts, numerous calendar items, etc. In face of so many items, you should regularly clean up the useless and old items from your Outlook. Otherwise, over time, Outlook file can get oversized. Then, it will become more prone to corruption. Once your PST file is corrupt, you will need to resort to an outstanding and reliable Outlook recovery tool, such as DataNumen Outlook Repair to get back valuable Outlook data.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including mdf repair and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com