Some users often need to export the specific incoming emails as Word documents. In this article, we will introduce a method that can configure Outlook to automatically accomplish this task.
In general, for the extremely important emails, users are accustomed to storing them in the local folder as a text file or Word document. Unquestionably, it is too troublesome to export the vital emails manually every time. Therefore, here we’ll share an approach which can let Outlook auto get it.
Auto Export the Specific Incoming Emails as Word documents
- At the beginning, launch Outlook application.
- Then, access VBA editor by reading “How to Run VBA Code in Your Outlook“.
- Next, copy the following code into a module.
Sub ExportEmailBodyToWordDoc(objMail As Outlook.MailItem) Dim strFolder As String Dim strSubject As String Dim strFile As String 'Change the path to the specific Windows folder strFolder = "E:\Emails" If objMail.Subject <> "" Then 'Remove unsupported characters in subject strSubject = objMail.Subject strSubject = Replace(strSubject, "/", " ") strSubject = Replace(strSubject, "\", " ") strSubject = Replace(strSubject, ":", "") strSubject = Replace(strSubject, "?", " ") strSubject = Replace(strSubject, Chr(34), " ") strFile = strFolder & "\" & objMail.Subject & ".doc" objMail.SaveAs strFile, olDoc End If End Sub
- In the code, change the path of specific Windows folder to save the exported Word documents.
- Later, exit VBA editor.
- Subsequently, go to “File” and click “Manage Rules & Alerts” button.
- In the “Rules and Alerts” window, click “New Rule” button.
- Then, in “Rules Wizard”, select “Apply rule on messages I receive” and hit “Next”.
- Next, set the conditions of specific incoming emails as per your needs, such as from specific persons or groups.
- After that, in “Select action(s)” step, select “run a script”.
- Then, click “script” and select the previously added macro.
- Lastly, follow the onscreen instructions to finish rule setup.
- From now on, every time a specific incoming email arrives in your mailbox, it will be automatically exported as a Word document in the predefined folder.
Fix Corrupted Outlook PST Files
Like other software, Outlook can crash now and then. Every time when it crashes, Outlook PST file is actually in danger of corruption. Therefore, it is quite difficult to predict and prevent PST corruption. What users can do is backing up Outlook PST files at regular intervals and keeping a cutting-edge PST repair tool, such as DataNumen Outlook Repair, which can repair PST file like a breeze.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including repair SQL Server and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com
Leave a Reply