If you want to search emails in multiple folders, you have to search the whole mailbox. Then a deluge of relevant emails show up, which will certainly clutter the search results. In this article, we will delve into how to highlight the emails from specific folders among the search results.
Actually when you put the cursor on the search results, a Tooltip which contains the email folder will arise. But it is not convenient if there are too many results. Using “Conditional Formatting” will be a better choice. Here we will take Sent Items as the example.
Steps to Color Code the Emails of Sent Items in Search Results
- At the very outset, you should utilize the keyboard shortcut “Ctrl + E” to open “Search Tools” ribbon.
- The search tool will begin with searching “Current Folder”. So you should switch to “All Mail Items” in the group of “Scope” under “Search” tab.
- You can type one specific word in search box, and then you will see all items containing this word will show up in the list. But you cannot figure out which folders they belong to.
- Then you need to access to the “Conditional Formatting”. Go to “View” tab and click “View Settings” button. In the new popup dialog box, locate and click on “Conditional Formatting” button.
- In the subsequent dialog box, you should click “Add” button to create a new conditional formatting rule. And specify a name to this rule, such as “Sent Items in Search Results”.
- Next you can click “Font” button to specify the font settings, which will open a new window. In it, you can choose the font, style, size, color, effects as per you wishes.
- After clicking “OK” to save the font settings, you will be back to “Conditional Formatting” dialog. Click “Condition” then.
- In the following window, you should turn to “Advanced” tab. Later in “Field”, you can type “In Folder” or select from the dropdown list of “All Mail Fields”. And in “Condition”, choose “is (exactly)”. In “Value” field, fill in “Sent Items”. Click “Add to List” to enable this advanced condition.
- Finally click a series of “OK” to apply this rule. You will see, among the search results, the emails of Sent Items folder will be highlighted in set fonts.
Equip Outlook with a Formidable Repair Tool
As we all know, though Outlook comes loaded with a myriad of capacities, it can be corrupted easily as well. Some people may rely on the free Outlook inbox repair tool, Scanpst.exe. But virtually it cannot make great effects in most situations. Thus it is recommended to equip our Outlook a potent repair tool like DataNumen Outlook Repair, which is specialized in PST recovery. It can dig out the maximum Outlook data from seriously damaged PST file without breaking a sweat.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com