Sometimes you need to highlight cells to make them different. And in this article, we will show you how to highlight cells by the data bars in worksheet.
Some highlighted cells can representative certain information. Therefore, it is necessary for you to use this feature. In the image below, you will see the sales volume and the monthly sales growth of a product.
Now you need to analyze the sales growth in column C. In order to get better result, you can highlight this column.
Highlight Cells via Data Bars
- Click the target range in the worksheet.
- And then click the button “Conditional Formatting” in the toolbar.
- Next move your cursor on the option “Data Bars”.
- In the sub menu, choose a type that you like.
And then come back to the worksheet, you will see the result.
Modify Data Bars
There are only 12 predefined styles for data bars. If you are not satisfied with those types, you can also set a special style by yourself. Here we will show you how to do this by modify the existing data bars.
- Select the range in the worksheet.
- After that, click the button “Conditional Formatting” in the toolbar.
- Then choose the option “Manage Rules” in the list.
- In the new window, double click the rule. You can also click it and then click the “Edit Rule”.
- And then in the “Edit Formatting Rule” window, click the arrow in the “Minimum” text box. The default setting is “Automatic”. Here you can choose the type according to your need.
- In this step, you can change the type for the “Maximum”.
- Next change the value for the “Minimum” and the “Maximum”. You can either directly input the number into text boxes or use your mouse to select in the worksheet.
- And then then you can change the fill type and the color on the window. Next set the border type and the border color according to your need.
- After that, click the button “Negative Value and Axis” in the window.
- Here set the negative bars and the axis in this new window. You can choose the color you like for those elements.
- When you finish the setting, click “OK”.
- Last, click “OK” in the “Edit Formatting Rule” window.
- And continue clicking “OK” in the “Conditional Formatting Rules Manager”.
Now you will see the new data bars in the worksheet.
The data bars can show the positive and negative numbers clearly. With those highlighted cells, your work will be much easier.
Ensure the Information Security in Your Excel
The information in Excel files is certainly very important. Hence, you need to ensure the information security. But there exist many factors that will cause damage to your files. Once your files corrupt, you should repair your Excel as soon as possible. To repair Excel xls file problem effectively, you can use our powerful recovery tool. This tool is equipped with the best technology in the world, and it can solve almost all the errors in Excel.
Anna Ma is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including repair Word doc corruption and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com