At times it may become necessary for you to mark a copy of all your emails to a specific email. Such a requirement may arise when you are running a marketing campaign and wish to keep a record of all emails sent or are engaging in an outreach program that is aimed at receiving feedback. Also you may experience the need to copy your boss in case of an event invite that you are extending out. In Outlook it is quite possible to mark a cc to a specific ID for all the emails that you send out. Let’s look at how it can be achieved.
Copying all the Emails you send to a Specific ID
- Open the Ms Outlook application and visit the Tools option
- Under Tools please click on Rules and Alerts
- Click on New Rule.
- In the next Rules Wizard screen you need select the Start from a Blank rule
- Next you need choose “Apply this rule after I send the message” in the rule description box
- In the next screen choose the option “through the specified account”
- Next click on Specified hyperlink appearing in description box in the bottom of the pane
- A pop up screen will come up and from the drop down list select the relevant email account
- In the next screen choose the option which mentions to cc the message a specific set of people or a distribution list
- Click the related hyperlink appearing in the description field
- In subsequent Rule Address screen that shows up, select the email ID to which you wish to copy all the emails to.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to save the rule
Once the rule has been enforced, all emails that you send out would invariably be copied to the specified email. Interestingly if you wish you can cc the emails to a whole group of people too by first creating a distribution list and including the same in the rule.
Over time the Ms Outlook application Becomes Vulnerable to Crashes
If you are using the Ms Outlook application for several years and have a whole load of emails stored in it then the chances of encountering a PST error is quite significant. When your underlying PST data files get corrupted, there is a grave chance that the email data may get lost forever. In order to avoid such a scenario, always keep a pst repair tool like DataNumen Outlook Repair nearby. Even in cases where you cannot find your PST files, the application can double up as an e-discovery tool and trace them out. It also has the capacity to tackle virtual machine drives with aplomb and can easily extract PST files present on them. Moreover the application is by far the best in its class and does not task your system resources.
Alan Chen is President & Chairman of DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com/products.htm