At times, when composing and sending a confidential email, you may hope that the recipients don’t forward it to the others. This article will tell you how to forbid recipients to forward simply by disabling “Forward” button.
One day I noticed that the emails from my superior, which contains confidential information, always cannot be forwarded by default. Originally I couldn’t figure out why. And I’d like to send this kind of emails as well. After some research, I also get this technique. Here are the elaborate steps.
Forbid Recipients to Forward the Email
- To start with, you should launch Outlook application.
- In Outlook main window, you should switch to “Developer” tab. If you cannot find “Developer” tab, you can head to “File” > “Options” > “Customize Ribbon” to enable “Developer” tab.
- Then in the “Developer” ribbon, click “Design a Form” button.
- In the popup dialog box, you should choose “Message” from the form list and click “Open” button.
- Next in the new interface of “Untitled – Message (HTML) (Design)”, move to “(Actions)” tab.
- Under this tab, you need to locate “Forward” action and double click it.
- A new dialog box of “Form Action Properties” will turn up. You could find “Enable” option. Please deselect it.
- Click “OK” to close the dialog box.
- After backing to the “Untitled – Message (HTML) (Design)” window, switch to “(Properties)” tab, under which you enable “Send form definition with item” option. You may receive a prompt message, but just click “OK”.
- Later in the “Form” ribbon, choose “Publish” > “Publish Form As”. In the new dialog, specify a name for the form, such as “No Forward” and then press “Publish” button.
- After that, close the current “Untitled – Message (HTML) (Design)” window without saving the changes.
- Now let’s try to apply this form.
- Click “Choose Form” button under “Developer” tab.
- In the “Choose Form” window, set “Look In” to “Personal Forms Library”.
- Then from the form list, double click “No Forward” to open this form.
- Next in the new message window, compose the message as usual and send it out.
- From the perspective of recipients, when they double click to open the received email, they will find that “Forward” button is grayed out.
Repair Compromised PST File
Despite boasting of multiple functions, Outlook still cannot get rid of corruptions. Thus we should keep prepared for it all the time, for instance, making backups at regular intervals as well as procuring a specialized repair tool like DataNumen Outlook Repair. This tool is adept at PST recovery. It can draw back maximum data from the damaged Outlook file without breaking a sweat.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com