You will always deal with a bunch of data and information in Excel. So today we will talk about the Excel tips to find and delete duplicate contents in Excel.
It is widely admitted that you will sometimes input some wrong information into an Excel file. One of those errors is inputting repeatedly. And most of the time, the small error is not easy to be found. Hence Excel has a very smart feature that can help you rectify this problem. Thus, you can sort out the values that appear more than once and delete easily.
Find Duplicate Contents
In this image, you can see that there is the information about the sales volume of this sales representative.
Now you need to check if there is any error. And if you check those cells one by one, you must feel very tired. Therefore, you can follow the steps and find the errors easily.
- Select the area where you want to find the error. Here the first column is all the same, so we select the next two columns.
- Then click the “Conditional Formatting” in the ribbon.
- And then put the cursor on the first option. The new menu will automatically appear.
- In this menu, click the option “Duplicate Values”. Thus, you will see a new window pop up.
- Click the small arrow of the first text box.
- In the drop-down menu, choose the option “duplicate”.
- If you want to highlight with a certain format, you can click the next arrow and set it.
- Now you can click “OK”. After all those steps, you will see that all the duplicate contents will have the new format.
Apparently in the “Product” column, the “DatanNumen Excel repair” appears twice. And the numbers of quantity are same, so this is the error.
Delete Duplicate Contents
Now you have found all the errors, and you need to delete those items. But if it contains many duplicate contents, it is not suggested that you delete manually. So the following steps will tell you how to remove quickly.
- Select the target area.
- Click the table “Data” in the ribbon.
- Then click the button “Remove Duplicates”.
- And then you will see a new window. If in a certain column, you need to retain the value, you can uncheck the option.
- Now click “OK”.
Thus, the duplicate contents will disappear.
Saving Your Data from an Excel Corruption
Excel is not immune to the malicious virus and malware. So if you find your Excel file corrupt, you need to repair it. And a third party tool with the ability to recover Excel can be your good lifesaver.
Anna Ma is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including word recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com