To protect a private or confidential email in Outlook, you are allowed to encrypt the message contents and attachments. This article will tell you how to achieve it.
When composing email, we can set the email sensitivity, like “Personal”, “Private” or “Confidential”. However, setting sensitivity is far from enough for email safety. Now read on to learn how to encrypt the email contents and attachments.
Encrypt Contents & Attachments for a Single Email
- To begin with, launch Outlook application.
- Then you should create a new mail by clicking “New E-mail” button in the group of “New” under “Home” tab.
- After getting into the New Message window, you need to switch to “Options” tab. Next locate the final group – “More Options”, click the extension icon in the bottom right corner to expand the group, which will open a new dialog box.
- In the popup dialog box of “Properties”, you ought to click “Security Settings” button under “Security” label.
- Another new dialog box of “Security Properties” will turn up. You should mark the checkbox adjacent to “Encrypt message contents and attachments”.
- Next click “OK” and then “Close” to close the two dialog boxes and back to New Message window.
- Finally you can compose your email message as usual and send it out.
Note: This function will demand you to hold a digital ID in advance. Otherwise, when you try to send this message after enabling this feature, you will receive a dialog box, which is requiring a valid digital ID.
Encrypt Contents & Attachments for All Emails
If you’d like to encrypt contents and attachments for all your sent emails, you can take the following steps to accomplish it.
- For a start, go to “File” menu in Outlook.
- Then click on “Options”.
- In the new window of “Outlook Options”, switch to ‘Trust Center” tab.
- Under this tab, find and press “Trust Center Settings” button.
- Next in the subsequent screen of “Trust Center”, head to “Email Security” tab.
- In the right pane, you could enable “Encrypt contents and attachments for outgoing messages” option.
- Eventually, click several “OK” until all the dialog boxes are closed. From now on, contents and attachments for all the outgoing emails will be encrypted by default. Of course, the vital premise is that you have a valid digital ID.
Protect Your Outlook Data Effectively
In the digital era, data storage has become increasingly insecure, not only due to hardware glitches, software malfunctions but also owing to external threats, such as viruses infection, malware assaults, etc. Thus it is exceedingly important for us, Outlook users, to pay more attention to our Outlook data as well. For instance, we should make regular backups, learn how to find and use ScanPST as well as attain a reliable repair tool like DataNumen Outlook Repair. This tool will come handy in Outlook recovery.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com