The Business Contact Manager for Outlook offers you several features that are designed to correlate different data elements together. It essentially groups several elements such as emails, phone logs, relevant files and key tasks in a catalog called communication history. Now to properly reference such data, these history elements must be linked up to any relevant record in Outlook say an account or a contact. Incidentally certain communication items can contain other history items and opportunity and business projects are an example of the same. Let’s look at how you can create an history item to track communication.
Creating a Fresh Communication History element
- Launch the Ms Outlook email client and go to the Business Contact Manager tab which appears in the Navigation pane
- Next you need to choose the appropriate workspaces from the available folders, say Sales
- Once you have made your selection you need to head to the tab that has the Record that you wish to associate with
- Next you need to double click the specific record you have selected
- Now head to the Ribbon interface and click on History which appears under the Show group
- Once done, click on the New option and choose the specific type of the communication item you plan to associate
- Enter the relevant details in the form and Save the settings
Once the process is completed the specific item would get displayed in the History page.
It is Possible to Add Files to Specific Records
While the communication history is a neat way to coagulate all information together, at some point of time you may need to associate certain data files too. For example you may wish to include a world file with a Business project. The great part about the Business Contact Manager add-in is that it can be accessed through other Ms Office programs. Just launch the file you wish to associate and head to the BCM tab under its file menu. Then all you need to do is choose the Link to Record option and associate the file with the relevant record.
Conversations Linked to BCM feature may get compromised in an Outlook crash
In case you have painstakingly ensured all customer conversations are tracked to relevant records in the Business Contact Manager tool then you would not like your effort to go down the drain in case of an Outlook crash. Besides messing up the email data, an Outlook crash can compromise all linkages and other settings applied on the Outlook email client. Hence the only possible solution to the issue lies in using a proficient outlook recovery tool like DataNumen Outlook Repair that can recover the underlying data with all the dependencies intact. In fact the application can easily bring back emails stored in the HTML format and comes with effective options to manage the scan and recovery process. The tool incidentally can extract data from corrupt PST file stored in a damaged VMware disk.
Alan Chen is President & Chairman of DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com