Undoubtedly, “Errors have been detected in the file Outlook.pst” error is the most common issue in Outlook if you’re using a broken PST file. This article will make further efforts to help you understand this error and fix it in quick time.
I have ever suffered this Outlook error – “Errors have been detected in the file Outlook.pst”. Initially, I mistakenly supposed that it might stem from Outlook misconfiguration or some other resoluble issues, such as faulty add-ins, damaged Outlook profile, etc. But all the corresponding solutions failed to fix the error. In the end, I had to admit that my PST file is compromised. In this case, I had no alternative but to fall back on repair tool to recover Outlook data.
Most Common Causes for Outlook Corruption
Outlook corruption always comes out unexpectedly without giving any warnings. Therefore, if you encounter the painful corruption, not only should you learn how to get rid of the dilemma, but also you have to further make clear why PST file sustain damaged, such that you can make adequate and effective precautions for future. To sum it up, the most common causes for PST file corruption is the followings:
- Your PST file has reached its maximum size limit.
- Outlook frequently closes improperly, maybe due to abrupt power outage.
- Outlook stops abnormally while sending/receiving emails, updating synchronizing files and so on.
- The hard drive where Outlook is installed has bad sectors.
- Viruses or malware assault your Outlook.
Fix the Error with Inbox Repair Tool
As the error suggests, you need to quit Outlook and all mail-enabled programs, and then apply the Inbox Repair Tool (Scanpst.exe) to repair the file. With respect to how to use ScanPST, follow the steps below.
- At the outset, search “scanpst” in the installation directory of Outlook. After the searching process completes, the tool will appear definitely.
- Then double click the tool. And its interface will show up. Click “Browse” button to select the PST file. After that, click “Start” to initiate scanning the file.
- After finishing 8 phases, you will get into the second screen, click “Repair”. Then you can just wait the tool to complete the repair process.
- Finally you can try to open Outlook and access to the repaired PST file again.
Take Recourse to a More Reliable Repair Tool
The practice proves that Scanpst.exe can’t guarantee that it is able to repair the file absolutely. If the corruption of your PST file is excessively heavy, the tool will definitely fails, and even brings out worsen troubles. Hence, it is essential to procure a more dependable repair tool like DataNumen Outlook Repair, which is adept at repairing PST file, thereby getting back maximum Outlook data for you.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com