The filter feature in Excel is very useful. And in this article, we will talk about how to customize the filter for your data in excel.
The filter feature is one of the most frequently used features in Excel. It can help you quickly sort out the target area. What’s more, you can also customize the filter intervals. With this feature, your can improve your work efficiency greatly.
In this image above, you can see that the date in the first column is totally in a mess. This may be happen when the person who input the information paid no attention to the intervals. And if you need to organize those data, you can use the filter feature to help you.
And in this part, we will show you how to use the filter intervals in Excel step by step.
- Position the cursor in any of a cell in the target area.
- Next click the button “Sort & Filter” in the ribbon.
- And then in the drop-down menu, choose the option “Filter”.
- Now click the button in the left of the first cell. And it will show a menu.
- Next move your mouse on the option “Data Filter”. And then you will see a longer list. Here are different date options for the column. You can choose among those options according to your need.
- Now continue clicking “Custom Filter” at the bottom.
- And then you will see a new window of “Custom AutoFilter”.
Suppose you need to filter the season 2 and season 3 at the same time, you can input the date into the text boxes in the window.
- In the end, click the button “OK” in the window. Hence, the rows of the two seasons will appear and others will hide.
In addition, in the “Custom AutoFilter”, you can also set other intervals for date according to your need. For instance, if you want to sort the other two seasons, you can also set the criteria as the image show:
Pay Attention to the Safety of Excel
The data safety is rather essential for individuals and groups. When it is associated with important files, everyone needs to be more careful. Because once data is lost, the consequence can be disastrous. Excel is always used to store and analyze data and information. Therefore, you need to carefully protect it. You can prepare a third party Excel recovery tool at hand. Once data disaster happens, you can use this tool immediately and make sure that the data will be in safety.
Anna Ma is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including word recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com