You can customize borders for specific ranges in Excel. And here we will introduce this feature in detail.
Sometimes you need to use special borders for a certain range to make it different from other ranges. For example, in this worksheet, you need to add borders for the first row because it contains the column headers.
In this part, we will show you the steps to add borders.
- Select the target area.
- Next click the small arrow next to the button “Border”.
- And then you will see the drop-down list. In this list, choose the border type that you need. Here we choose the “All Borders” as an example. Thus, the borders will appear in the range.
Here because we use the first row as an example, the top and left border cannot be seen. Thus, we insert a row and a column to make it clear.
Of course you can apply other border types according to your need.
Instead of choose the default types in the “Borders” part in the menu, you can also draw borders directly.
- If you click the option “Draw Border” in the menu, the cursor will become a pen.
And now you can draw the border for cells according to your need. You can also directly use the pen to select an area. And then there will be outside borders for the range.
- If you click the option “Draw Border Grid”, you can add all borders for a range that you select.
When you finish drawing borders, press the key “Esc”.
Change Line Color and Style
If you are bored with the default line color and the style, you can also change manually.
Still in the menu, you can choose the line color and style in the submenu of the two options. When you choose a color or a style, the cursor will also become a pen. And then if you draw the border, the unique color or style will immediately appear in the range.
And except for drawing directly in worksheet, you can also set in “Format Cells”.
- Select the target area.
- Click the small arrow next to the button “Border”.
- And then click the option “More Borders” in the menu.
- In the “Format Cells” window, you can add and customize borders.
- Now set the line style and color in the left part of the window.
- And then choose the borders on the left. You can either choose in the preset area or in the border area. In addition, you can preview the result in the window.
Here you need to pay attention that don’t switch the step 5 and step 6. If you choose the border before setting style and color, the style and color will not take effect.
- When you finish the setting, click “OK”. Now you can come back to the interface of the worksheet and check the new style.
No Excel Error is Unimportant
Whenever you find errors in your Excel, you need to pay more attention to your files. Even if it is only a small error, it may be the sign of a serious data disaster. Besides, you also can invest an Excel fix tool. Thus, when you find your Excel corrupt, you can save it as soon as possible. The earlier you take action, the more likely you are to fully recover files.
Anna Ma is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including word recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com