Excel has a wide range of usage in our work. And we will talk about how to create and use Excel templates to save your time in work.
In an Excel file, you will certainly input the data and information. And sometimes, you will find that you need to input some information repeatedly. Therefore, you may wonder if you can avoid input the same contents every time you open a new file. Thus, you can choose to create a template and store the contents.
An Example of Excel File
This image below is a worksheet of sales volume of products.
And each month, you need to create a new file and input the same information about the month and the product name. Copy and paste can be a method, but using the template can be more convenient.
Create Excel Templates
Now, we will display the steps on how to create Excel templates.
- Create a new workbook.
- Input the same information into a worksheet.
- Then click “Files” in the ribbon.
- And click the button of “Save As”.
- Then input the file names into the text box.
- In the “Save As” window, click the button next to the “Save as type”.
And then you will see a new menu.
- In this menu, choose the option “Excel Template”.
Normally, the storage path will be in the default path. And you can see it in this window.
Thus, if you need to delete the template, you can come to this folder.
Open the Template
- Now you need to create a new Excel file for this year, and you can use the template directly. Open the new blank workbooks.
- Then click “File” in the ribbon.
- Then click “New”.
- And in the options in the left, choose the “My templates”.
- In the new window, you can see that there is the template that you have previously created. Click your mouse to select it.
- And then click “OK”. Thus, the template will appear in your new workbook. So you can see that using this feature is very convenient for you to finish some tasks that need the same format.
The Excel Recovery Software is a Necessity for Excel Users
If you are an Excel user and use it frequently, you must have the experience of Excel corruption. And sometimes, you may find that it is hard for you to repair Excel. Therefore, a third party tool can be your necessity items. Using this software, you are capable of retrieve almost all the elements in the damaged files in a quick time.
Anna Ma is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including word recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com