To use Word to create a poster or a banner, you can apply some interesting and nonstandard effects to the texts in your Word document. This article will tell you exactly how to achieve that.
Most of our Word documents are likely to set in standard typography. Yet, if you want to use Word to create a poster, a banner or other large publication, you may need to apply some nonstandard effects to the text in your Word document. For decorative texts on the posters, Word actually offers you a number of text effect tools, which will give you everything you need to make your posters more interesting and attractive. To do it, you can refer to the method below.
Center Text Vertically or Horizontally on the Page
Firstly, a common task is to center texts between the side margins, or between the top and bottom margins on a page, like this:
To do that, follow these steps.
- To center text vertically, you should first select the text you want to center.
- Click “Page Layout” in the toolbar, and then click “Page setup” dialog box launcher.
- Switch to “Layout” page, select “Center” in the “Vertical alignment” box under “Page”. And then click “OK”.
- To center text horizontally, just select the text you want to center. On the “Home” tab, click “Center text” button as the arrow points to.
Rotate an Object to any Angle
To make you poster look better, you can also change the position of a text box, a table, or WordArt by rotating them, like this:
The steps are shown as follows.
- For example, sometimes we want to rotate a Word art box. On the “Insert” page, click “WordArt” in the “Text” group, and then select the desired WordArt in the list.
- Enter texts in the WordArt box, right click at the box and select “More layout Options”.
- In the subsequent window, switch to “Text Wrapping” page, and select “Tight” under “Wrapping style”, and then click “OK”.
- Click the rotation handle, which is at the top of the WordArt object, and then you can drag it in the direction that you want.
Stretch the Text Box to Enlarge the Texts in It
Generally, to enlarge or shrink texts in the text box, we can only accomplish that by changing the font sizes. However, sometimes you may want to achieve that by stretching the text box like this:.
To do it, you can take a look at the method below.
- Select the texts and press “Ctrl + C” to copy them.
- On the “Home” tab, click “paste” and then select “Paste Special”.
- A dialog box appears, select “Picture (Enhanced Metafile)” and then click “OK”.
Get Hold of a Specialized Repair Tool
All in all, we can apply text effects in Word to create outstanding posters. Besides, Word also provides you a number of other text effect tools you can utilize. However, there are many factors that can result in the corruption of Word file. To solve this problem, a specialized repair tool DataNumen Word Recovery comes recommended for recovering damaged Word files. This tool will completely scan the damaged Word files, so as to retrieve every bit of data.
Kelly Zhao is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including excel recovery and pdf repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com