Sometimes you need to show different data sets in a chart, and the chart types also need to be different. Hence, in this article, you can learn how to combine column chart and line chart in one chart.
Column chart and line chart are two different chart types in Excel. But sometimes you need to use these two types in one chart. For example, you need to show the data of sales volume in column chart. At the same time, you want to display the monthly sales growth in line chart in the same chart.
This task is not impossible to achieve. And you can follow the steps below and see how to realize this task.
Combine Column Chart and Line Chart
- Click one cell within the range. Or you can also select the whole area.
- And then click the tab “Insert” in the ribbon.
- Next click the button “Column” in the toolbar.
- In the drop-down list, select the clustered column chart. Thus, you have inserted a column chart into this worksheet for the range.
- Now carefully right click the series of the “Monthly Sales Growth” in this column chart.
- And then in the pop-up menu, choose the option “Change Series Chart Type” in this menu.
- After that, you will see the “Change Chart Type” window appear. In this window, click the tab “Line” on the left.
- And then click the line chart on the right in this window.
- When you finish the selection, now you can click the button “OK” in the bottom.
- Immediately you will see the change in the chart. Still carefully click the data series of the “Monthly Sales Growth”.
- And then you will see the menu. Here select the option “Format Data Series” in this menu.
- Next the “Format Data Series” window will pop up. And then check the option “Secondary” for the series options.
- After that, click the button “Close” to close this window. Thus, you can see the result in the chart. You can also modify the chart and make it better.
There are two types of chart in the same chart. And the series of “Monthly Sales Growth” can be seen clearly in this chart. The next time if you need to create such a chart, you can also use follow the steps above.
Decrease the Potential Danger for Your Excel Files
Sometimes there exist many potential dangers in your computer. And if you are not aware of their existence, you will most probably lose your precious data and information in Excel files. Thus, it is necessary for you to decrease the potential danger. The best choice is using anti-virus software in your computer. In addition, if you still suffer from Excel corruption due to some potent virus, you need to take additional action. And using a third party tool to repair Excel data corruption is a very intelligent choice. This tool is equipped with the best technology in the world, and it can solve most of the problems in Excel.
Anna Ma is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including repair Word corruption and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com