We can connect our social networks with Outlook via Outlook Social Connector. But we can only see the status updates of our contacts in People Pane. In this article, I will offer a method to list all the social network updates altogether in one folder.
Thanks to Outlook Social Connector, I can see the status updates of my Facebook contacts individually in People Pane without needs to open my Facebook. But I am eager to collect the updates in a folder so that it will be much convenient for me to check. If you have the same aspiration as me, you can refer to the following steps.
Create a Search Folder for Social Network Updates
- At the outset, launch Outlook program and ensure that you’ve connected your social networks with your Outlook.
- Click on “search folders” in the navigation pane. And select “new search folder” from the popup list.
- In the popup dialog box, scroll to the final option, namely “create a custom search folder”.
- Then click the “Choose” button at the bottom, which will bring out another new dialog box.
- In this dialog, you need to specify a name for this search folder, such as Social Network Updates. After naming it, click “Criteria” button.
- In the subsequent dialog window, you should switch to “Advanced” tab firstly. Then in “Field”, fill in “In Folder”. In “Condition” field, choose “contains” from the dropdown list. And in “Value” field, you need to enter “News Feed”. Press “Add to List” button.
Note: You can optionally set other criteria under “More choices” as well as “Messages” tabs. For example, you can specify a time limitations.
- Next Click “OK” to return to “Custom Search Folder” window, in which click “Browse” button.
- In the following screen, you should make sure that your mailbox is selected. Besides, the checkbox of “Search subfolders” item at the bottom should also be marked.
- Finally click a series of “OK” to back to Outlook and activate this new search folder.
Once you complete the above steps, the status updates of your social network contacts will be listed in the search folder. You can check the status updates in Outlook without needs to open your social media.
Recover Compromised Outlook Files
As opposed to other email clients, Outlook provides us with many possibilities, such as social network connector, sending messages to mobile phone and so on. Nevertheless, it is frustrating that Outlook is the same susceptible to corruptions. Thus it is significant for us to know how to recover compromised Outlook files. It will be good news that you have regular backups. But if not, you can also resort to a handy repair tool like DataNumen Outlook Repair, which is well versed in PST recovery. You can assuredly get back the maximum Outlook data via this tool.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com