In Outlook Address Book, display names of contacts are in the form of “First Last” as default. Here is the method to change it.
When we create a contact in Outlook, we are usually required to enter a name for this contact. In addition, Outlook will suggest us to type full name, namely both first name and last name. Some people may be annoying about it. But indeed this suggestion is of great value, due to the fact that name is playing a significant role in name order of Outlook Address Book. If sometimes we enter first name only, but sometimes type full name. There is no doubt that Address Book sort order will be cluttered up. In such scenario, it will be far more difficult for us to locate desired contact names in Address Book.
If contacts names are comprised of both first name and last name, name order will be absolutely involved with the sequence of them. Everyone have their own habits about name orders. Some people may prefer to see “First name Last name”. While some others may favor “Last, First”. This varies from person to person. Fortunately, MS Outlook allows us to change the order as per our preferences. Here are the concrete steps to change the order, namely Show Display Names Setting.
Steps to Change Show Display Names of Contacts
- At the outset we need go to “File” menu.
- In the “Info” page, we should click “Account Settings” to open a new window.
- Then in the subsequent window of “Account Settings”, switch to the final tab – “Address Book”.
- Under this tab, we should select the specific email account, and then click “change” button.
- Next a new dialog, called as “Microsoft Outlook Address Book”, will pop up. We can see all Outlook address books are listed out in the central box. Moreover, at the bottom of the dialog, we can see the Show Name Setting, namely “Show names by”. There are two choices for us, that is, “First Last (John Smith)” and “File as (Smith, John)”. We can mark either checkbox next to the two selections.
- Finally click two “Close” to save the setting and return to Outlook.
Steps to Salvage Outlook Data
With Outlook increasingly prevalent as a communication tool, users should also pay much attention to Outlook’s susceptibility to corruption. A wide variety of factors may lead to Outlook breakage, ranging from some hardware glitches to software problems. When encountered such circumstance, users can seek out built-in outlook repair tool to have a try. If it’s incompetent, it is high time to download a more mighty external tool like DataNumen Outlook Repair. Making full use of it will salvage maximum Outlook data swiftly.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com