Occasionally, you may want to insert a page that may look better in a different orientation. This article provides a step-by-step guide on how to apply different page orientation to the selected page only.
Have you ever attempted to insert a horizontal page into a Word document with portrait orientation? Or vice versa? As you may have to display a wide table or a large picture in your document, which would be “scrunched” if you attempt to place them in portrait orientation pages? Within these particular word documents, changing the orientation of your page can be very helpful. And this article will show you the following tricky way for inserting pages with different orientation.
Change the Orientation of the Selected Page
For understanding this way better, I will use an example to show that in a Word document that uses portrait orientation, how you can change the orientation of page 5 to be landscape.
- Place your cursor at page 4, where the next page would be landscape orientation.
- Switch to “Page Layout” tab, and click on the “Margins” drop-down arrow. Lastly, click “Custom Margins”.
- Word displays the “Margins” tab of the “Page Setup” dialog box. Then, click “Landscape” under “Orientation”, and select “This point forward” in the “Apply to” box. Finally, click “OK.” That way, we have successfully set the document from page 5 to be landscape orientation.
- Position your cursor at page 5, where the next page would be portrait orientation.
- And then follow the same steps as step 2 and step 3. And the only difference is that we select “Portrait” under “Orientation” in step 3.
Now in a document with portrait orientation, we have applied landscape orientation to page 5. Of course, you can also apply it to any others pages that requires a different orientation.
Prevent Your Word from Data Losses
In a word, it does make our Word document look better by applying different orientation to certain pages. In addition, Word provides us many other features to better format our document. And exactly because of the powerful functionalities that Word possesses, is has now become one of the most popular word processing tools. However, it is extremely vulnerable to corruptions and damages due to various reasons. Despite that, you can still take the assistance of an external word recovery tool. With its state-of-the-art scanning mechanisms, it has the ability to repair badly damaged Word files with ease.
Kelly Zhao is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including excel recovery and pdf repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com