You will certainly make some modifications in an Excel workbook. But changing the default settings according to your need can quicken your work pace.
There are four options that you can modify in an Excel workbook. When you create a new workbook, you will see the settings that you have made. Below we will talk about how to change the settings in detail.
When you open a new workbook, the default font is “Body Font”. Here we open a new workbook and input a phrase into it.
You can see in the toolbar that the font is “Calibri”. If you need to use other font in your Excel, you need to change the font constantly. Therefore, you can change the default font according to your need.
- Click “File” in the ribbon.
- And then click the button “Options”.
- In the “Excel Options” window, click the small arrow in the text box of the “Use this font”.
- Now drag the scroll bar and choose the font that you need.
- When you finish selecting, click “OK” in the window.
- Next you will see such information. Click “OK” in the window.
- And then quit and restart Excel. In this new workbook, you can see that the default font has changed into the designated font. Except for the character font that you input, the font of column header and row header will also change.
Therefore, the next time, you don’t need to change the font manually.
2. Font Size
Except for the font, you will certainly change the font size in Excel. The default font size is 11 in Excel.
And to make things easier, you can also change the default font size.
- Follow the first two steps in the previous part and open the “Excel Options” window.
- And then click the arrow in the text box of the “Font size”.
- After you select your size, click the button “OK” in the window.
- And then you will also see the information. Click “OK” in the window.
- Still quit Excel and then restart it. Now you can see the new font size in the workbook.
3. Workbook View
There are 3 different types of workbook view: normal view, page break preview and page layout view. The default style is the normal view. In certain conditions, such as printing, you need to change the view. Therefore, you can also change the workbook view to make things easier.
- Still you need to open the window of “Excel Options”.
- Click the small arrow in the text box of the “Default view for new sheets”. From the name, you can know that this setting will take effect in a new sheet.
- In the drop-down menu, choose the sheet view that you need.
- Next click “OK”. In this setting, you will not see the information that appears in the former two parts.
- Now create a new sheet. In addition, you can also create a new workbook. You can see that the view changes according to your setting.
4. Sheet Number
Now comes to the sheet number. The default number of sheets is 3 in a new workbook. If you need to create many worksheets in a new workbook, you can change the default number.
- Open the “Excel Options” window.
- Now change the sheet number in the “Include this many sheets”. You can directly input the number into the text box or click the two arrows.
- After you set the number, click “OK” in the window.
- And then quit Excel and then restart. In this new workbook, you can see that the sheet number is exactly the number you have set.
From the above analysis, the next time, you can also change the default settings for your Excel workbook.
Most of the Lost Data is Recoverable
You will panic if you lose your precious data and information. Actually, if you can take the right action, you have a great change to recover your file. Among all the methods you can take, the most effective one if purchasing an affordable Excel repair tool. This tool has the best technology in the world. Besides, it can also repair xlsx data and fix other errors in Excel. With this tool at and, you can rest assured.
Anna Ma is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including repair docx file and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com