To confirm the recipient viewed your message, you can request read receipts. Yet sometimes, you may find no requested read receipts. In this article, I will introduce the main reasons.
Unlike other email clients, Outlook allows users to track up their sent messages, such as delivery receipts, read receipts and so on. With regard to read receipts, I have heard a lot of complaints about its unstability. Making clear its reason is the first step to resolve this problem.
A Quick Guide to Request Read Receipts by 2 Means
- For a start, in New Message window, switch to “Options” tab. Check the option – “Request a Read Receipt”. Finally enter all email information and send it out.
- To begin with, go to “File” menu and click “Options”. Then in the subsequent window, turn to “Mail” tab. Next locate “Tracking” option, in which check the item “Read receipt confirming the recipient viewed the message”.
At times, although you’ve requested read receipts, you still can’t receive. The main reasons can be concluded as followings.
Why You Can’t Receive Requested Read Receipts
- It is known that if an email takes with a read receipt request, a prompt for selection will pop up when recipients read and attempt to close the message. Therefore, the most possible reason for no requested read receipts is that recipients select to reject sending a read receipt.
- Besides, perhaps recipients have set Outlook not to send a read receipt. This can be achieved in “Outlook Options” as well. There is an option for users, namely “Never send a read receipt”. If recipients have selected it, of course you won’t receive an expected receipt.
- In addition, maybe recipients have stopped Outlook to mark message as read automatically. Therefore, they should do it manually. Then if they haven’t mark it as read, the prompt for read receipt will never show up.
- Moreover, its problem also involves the type of email client. If the recipients’ email clients don’t support sending out read receipts. Note that not all email clients can be in favor of read receipt.
- What’s more, this situation may be triggered by your own Outlook settings. Maybe the receipts have been filtered as spam. Hence you should have a check about your Junk Email folder.
Essential Remedy after Outlook Crashes
As a long-time user of Outlook, I’ve encountered all kinds of errors. Fortunately, Outlook crashes have never occurred. But in order to avert severe data loss, I am accustomed to making a regular backup. Furthermore, keeping a reliable repair tool nearby is also a matter of necessity. Once crashes take place, I can use it to make essential remedy immediately. In fact, DataNumen Outlook is highly suggested due to its expertise in Outlook recovery.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com