If you would like to reset the styles of many contacts’ business cards, you had better utilize a more effective way instead of resetting one by one. This article will share you such a quick means.
Outlook allows users to design their contacts’ business cards to their likes, shown as my previous article – “How to Design Your Favorite Business Card in Outlook”. If, afterwards, you want to change all these custom business cards to the default style, you can use the following method.
Batch Reset the Styles of Multiple Contacts’ Business Cards
- For a start, launch your Outlook application.
- Then, after entering Outlook window, press “Alt + F11” key buttons.
- Subsequently, you will get access to VBA editor window, in which you need to open an unused module.
- Next, copy and paste the following VBA code into this module.
Sub BatchResetMultipleContactsBusinessCards() Dim objSelection As Outlook.Selection Dim objItem As Object Dim objContact As Outlook.ContactItem Dim i As Long 'Get all the selected contacts Set objSelection = Outlook.Application.ActiveExplorer.Selection i = 0 For Each objItem In objSelection If TypeOf objItem Is ContactItem Then Set objContact = objItem 'Reset the contact business cards objContact.ResetBusinessCard objContact.Save i = i + 1 End If Next 'Prompt you of the resetting results MsgBox i & " contacts' business cards have been reset!", vbExclamation + vbOKOnly, "Reset Business Cards" End Sub
- After that, you could exit the current “Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications” window by clicking on the “X” icon in the upper right corner.
- Later, you should go to “File” menu and click “Options”.
- Then, in the subsequent “Outlook Options” window, switch to “Quick Access Toolbar” tab.
- Next, add the new macro to Quick Access Toolbar.
- Finally, you can try this macro.
- Firstly, turn to “Contacts” area and access a Contacts folder.
- Then, select the source contacts whose business cards you would like to reset. Or press “Ctrl + A” to select all contacts.
- Next, trigger the macro by hitting the new macro button in Quick Access Toolbar.
- When the macro finishes running, you will receive a message shown as the image below:
- Now, you will see that the styles of all the selected contacts’ business cards have been reset.
Restore Outlook Data in Case of Corruption
Outlook is susceptible to damage. But, when you are confronted with it, you don’t need to get panic. You can firstly utilize the inbuilt repair tool – Scanpst to have a try. If it fails, your last resort is an experienced and brilliant repair tool, such as DataNumen Outlook Repair. Thanks to its high recovery rate and effectiveness, it has shouldered over a myriad of its rivals.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including recover Sql Server and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com