If you need to remove photos from multiple contacts, you must dislike doing it one by one. Thus, in this article, we will teach you how to accomplish this in batches.
To remove a contact’s photo, you have to first open this contact. Then, under the “Contact” tab, you can find and click on the “Picture” button. There is a “Remove Picture” option in the drop down list. Without any doubts, in this way, it will be quite troublesome to remove many contacts’ photos. Hence, here we will share a piece of VBA code with you. It can realize “Batch Remove” in an instant.
Batch Remove Photos from Multiple Contacts
- At the very outset, launch your Outlook application.
- Then, in the Outlook, you could switch to “Developer” tab and hit the “Visual Basic” button.
- At once, you will get into the VBA editor window, in which you ought to open an unused module or just insert a new one.
- Subsequently, you can copy the following VBA code into such a module.
Sub BatchRemovePictureFromContact() Dim objSelectedContacts As Outlook.Selection Dim objContact As Outlook.ContactItem Dim i, n As Long 'Get the selected contacts Set objSelectedContacts = Outlook.Application.ActiveExplorer.Selection If Not (objSelectedContacts Is Nothing) Then i = 0 n = 0 On Error Resume Next For Each objContact In objSelectedContacts 'If the contact has photos If objContact.HasPicture = True Then 'Remove the contact photos objContact.RemovePicture objContact.Save i = i + 1 Else n = n + 1 End If Next 'Prompt you MsgBox i & " contact photos are removed." & vbCr & n & " contacts have no photo.", _ vbInformation + vbOKOnly, "Remove Contact Photos" End If End Sub
- After that, you can exit the current window.
- Later, you should head to “File” menu and select “Options” to access “Outlook Options” window.
- Then, in “Outlook Options” screen, shift to “Quick Access Toolbar” tab.
- Next, add the new VBA project to the Quick Access Toolbar.
- Ultimately, you can have a try.
- At the very outset, access “Contacts” area and open a Contacts folder.
- Then, select the contacts whose photos you would like to remove.
- Next, hit the macro button in the Quick Access Toolbar.
- After the macro finishes, you’ll get a message like the screenshot below:
- Now, all the photos of the selected contacts have been removed.
Secure Outlook Data Efficiently
Nowadays, data security has been one of the most increasingly serious issues. So, it is an indeed arduous task to safeguard our data, including Outlook data. As we all know, email borne viruses are pretty common. If we hit the suspicious links in the Outlook emails, our Outlook data can be infected and damaged. At that time, built-in repair tool will not make effects. Our last resort is to utilize a much more experienced and formidable Outlook repair tool, like DataNumen Outlook Repair.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including mdf recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com