It is easy to convert a table to text, extracting the texts of a table. However, if you want to extract the texts of all tables in one go, you can use the way introduced in this post.
In my previous article “How to Convert Between Text and Table in Outlook Messages”, you can learn the standard way to convert a table to text. There is no denying that it is simple. Nevertheless, if a mail contains multiple tables and you wish to convert all of them to text, using that way is a bit troublesome in that you have to do that one by one manually. Hence, in the followings, we will introduce a more effective and convenient way to you.
Batch Extract the Texts of All Tables
- At the very beginning, launch your Outlook application.
- Then, get access to Outlook VBA editor with accordance to my previous post – “How to Run VBA Code in Your Outlook”.
- In this new window, you need to activate “Ms Word Object Library” by referring to the article – “How to Add an Object Library Reference in VBA“.
- Next, copy and paste the following VBA code into a module which isn’t being used.
Sub BatchConvertAllTablesToText() Dim objMail As Outlook.MailItem Dim objMailDocument As Word.Document Dim objTables As Word.Tables Dim objTable As Word.Table 'Get the currently opened email Set objMail = Outlook.Application.ActiveInspector.CurrentItem Set objMailDocument = objMail.GetInspector.WordEditor 'Get all the tables of the current email Set objTables = objMailDocument.Tables 'Convert all tables to text For Each objTable In objTables objTable.ConvertToText Separator:=wdSeparateByTabs Next End Sub
- Subsequently, you can exit the current window.
- Next, open the source email whose tables you want to convert to text.
- Subsequently, click the down arrow in the Quick Access Toolbar and choose “Commands” from the drop down list.
- After that, in the new window, add the new macro to Quick Access Toolbar of Message window.
- Later, after returning to the source email, you should turn it into an editable mode. Click “Actions” > “Edit Message”.
- Lastly, click the newly added macro button in Quick Access Toolbar.
- When macro completes, you’ll see that all the tables have been converted to text, like the following screenshot:
Retrieve Compromised Outlook Files
Compared with other email clients, Outlook provides us with many possibilities, including email communication, social network updates, managing appointments and tasks, etc. However, it is frustrating that Outlook is still susceptible to errors and corruption. Once your Outlook file is corrupted seriously, the best situation is that you have an effective and up-to-date data backup. But if not, your last resort is a handy and reliable PST recovery tool, like DataNumen Outlook Repair.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including recover Sql Server and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com