At times, some users may want to export multiple contact groups as separate Word documents. By the means introduced in this article, it can be achieved in bulk.
Outlook doesn’t provide a native function for exporting a contact group as a Word document, not to mention exporting multiple groups. Therefore, if you would like to save many contact groups as separate Word documents in one go, you can use the following way. It is using VBA, which is pretty easy and convenient.
Batch Export Multiple Contact Groups as Word Documents
- At the very outset, start your Outlook application.
- Then, in Outlook main window, tap on “Alt + F11” key buttons to access VBA editor.
- Subsequently, put the following VBA code into an unused module.
Sub ExportMultipleContactGroupsIntoWordDocuments() Dim objSelection As Outlook.Selection Dim objShell, objWindowsFolder As Object Dim objItem As Object Dim objContactGroup As Outlook.DistListItem Dim strFilePath As String 'Get selected contact groups Set objSelection = Outlook.Application.ActiveExplorer.Selection If Not objSelection Is Nothing Then 'Select a Windows folder Set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application") Set objWindowsFolder = objShell.BrowseForFolder(0, "Select a folder to save the contact groups:", 0, "") If Not objWindowsFolder Is Nothing Then For Each objItem In objSelection If TypeOf objItem Is DistListItem Then Set objContactGroup = objItem 'Save the contact group as word document strFilePath = objWindowsFolder.self.Path & "\" & objContactGroup.DLName & ".doc" objContactGroup.SaveAs strFilePath, olDoc End If Next End If End If End Sub
- After that, close the “Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications” window.
- Later, for convenience, you had better add the macro to Quick Access Toolbar. As for the steps, you can refer to the article – “How to Run VBA Code in Your Outlook”.
- Finally, you can take a shot:
- At first, select all the contact groups to be exported.
- Then, run the macro by clicking the button in Quick Access Toolbar.
- Afterwards, in the popup dialog box, you need to select a Windows folder to save the exported Word documents and click “OK”.
- Ultimately, when the macro completes, you can go to the target Windows folder. All the exported groups in Word documents are over there.
Repair Outlook Problems Efficiently
As Outlook might be subject to a variety of issues now and then, you should learn some tips to dispose of them as soon as possible. More often than not, when you encounter issues, you can first try recovering your Outlook by restarting it in safe mode. Plus, rebuilding a profile is a good approach. In addition, provided that the issue is relevant to PST damage, you have to utilize a well-proven fix tool, such as DataNumen Outlook Repair. It can fix PST errors without any ado.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql fix and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com