Some users would like to continue dealing with the overdue tasks, thus they hope to change all these tasks’ due dates to today in bulk. Now, this article will introduce an effective way to accomplish it in one go.
Generally, to modify one task’s due date, you can open it and make changes at will. But if there are multiple tasks to be changed, this means is quite troublesome. So, if you need to change all overdue tasks’ due dates to today in batches, you can use the following method.
Batch Change All Overdue Tasks’ Due Dates to Today
- To begin with, start your Outlook program in normal fashion.
- Then, you need to access Outlook VBA editor following the steps listed in the article – “How to Use VBA Code in Outlook”.
- Next, you can copy and paste the following VBA code into an unused module.
Sub BatchChangeOverdueTasksDueToday() Dim objTaskFolder As Outlook.folder Dim objTask As Outlook.TaskItem Dim i As Long 'Select a task folder Set objTaskFolder = Outlook.Application.Session.PickFolder 'Or work in the current folder, use: 'Set objTaskFolder = Outlook.Application.ActiveExplorer.CurrentFolder If objTaskFolder.DefaultItemType = olTaskItem Then If objTaskFolder.Items.count > 0 Then For Each objTask In objTaskFolder.Items 'Get overdue tasks If objTask.Complete = False Then If (objTask.StartDate < Date) And (objTask.DueDate < Date) Then i = i + 1 With objTask 'Change due date to today .DueDate = Now .ReminderSet = True .Save End With End If End If Next 'Receive a prompt after changing MsgBox i & " overdue tasks' due dates have been changed to today!", vbInformation + vbOKOnly End If End If End Sub
- After that, you can run this macro right now. Just press “F5” key button in the current macro screen.
- Later, you will be demanded to select a task folder and click “OK”.
- Then, you will get a message prompting the number of overdue tasks whose due dates have been changed.
- You can check the task list. The previous overdue tasks’ due dates have been changed to today.
Keep a Reliable External Repair Tool in Vicinity
Due to Outlook’s vulnerability, you have to attach more importance to PST data protection. First of all, you have to persist in making regular data backups, which will make great impact on future Outlook data recovery. Plus, to fix small issues in Outlook, you can just make use of the internal repair tool. But, if encountering serious troubles, you have to apply an apt repair utility, like DataNumen Outlook Repair. It can fix PST issues like a cork.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including recover mdf and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com