Many users long for a quick solution which can permit them to add a same note to more than one contact in one go. Although Outlook doesn’t provide such a feature, it still can be realized with the piece of VBA code shared in this article.
At times, you may need to add a specific note to multiple contacts, such as adding a same note to all the contacts that belong to a specific color category. There is no doubt that adding the note to the contacts one by one is quite tedious. Hence, in the followings, we will share you a method, which can permit you to realize it in a jiffy.
Batch Add a Same Note to Multiple Contacts
- To begin with, start your Outlook application as usual.
- Next, in the Outlook window, you can tap on the shortcut keys – “Alt + F11” to access VBA editor.
- In the subsequent “Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications” window, you can copy the following VBA code into an unused module.
Sub AddSameNoteToMultipleContacts() Dim objSelection As Outlook.Selection Dim objContact As Outlook.ContactItem Dim strNote As String Dim objNote As Outlook.NoteItem 'Get selected contacts Set objSelection = Outlook.Application.ActiveExplorer.Selection If Not (objSelection Is Nothing) Then 'Input the notes strNote = InputBox("Enter the notes:", "Add Notes") If Trim(strNote) <> "" Then 'Create a relevant note item 'If don't need to attach a note item to contact, remove the following three lines Set objNote = Outlook.Application.CreateItem(olNoteItem) objNote.Body = strNote objNote.Save For Each objItem In objSelection If objItem.Class = olContact Then Set objContact = objItem With objContact 'Attach the note item to contact .Attachments.Add objNote 'Input the notes into Contact Body .Body = .Body & vbCr & strNote .Save End With End If Next objNote.Delete End If End If End Sub
- After that, close the current window.
- Later, for convenience, you are better off adding the macro to Quick Access Toolbar. You can achieve it In “Outlook Options” window.
- Ultimately, you can take a shot:
- For a start, in a “Contacts” folder, select some contacts which you want to add notes to.
- Next, click the macro button in Quick Access Toolbar.
- Then, you will be demanded to input notes. You can type or paste notes at will.
- Finally, after macro completes, you will see that all the selected contacts have contained the same note, like the following image:
Your Last Resort in Case of Outlook Crash
Despite its richness in features, Outlook still cannot be immune from errors and corruption. Crashes can occur from time to time. However, don’t panic. You could use the internal fix tool – Scanpst to rescue your Outlook data. If it fails, perhaps employing a much more experienced and remarkable Outlook repair tool is your last resort. For instance, DataNumen Outlook Repair is a good choice thanks to its high recovery rate.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql fix and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com