If you would like to quickly add a specific contact to all the contact groups in your Outlook, you can refer to this article. Here we will share you a rapid method, which is able to help you realize this in bulk.
In the case that you want to add a certain contact to all groups, if you select to do this one by one, it will be quite tedious and cumbersome. Actually, it is suggested to seek other intelligent means, such as any third party add-ins or VBA macros. In the followings, we will show you a method, which can guide to use VBA to realize what you want in a moment.
Batch Add a Contact to All Contact Groups
- At the very beginning, start your Outlook properly.
- After getting into Outlook main window, you ought to tap on “Alt + F11” keys.
- Then, in the VBA editor window, you need to get access to an unused module.
- Next, you should copy and paste the following VBA code into this module.
Sub BatchAddaContactToAllContactGroups() Dim objContact As Outlook.ContactItem Dim objCurrentFolder As Outlook.Folder Dim objItem As Object Dim objContactGroup As Outlook.DistListItem Dim objTempMail As Outlook.MailItem 'Get the specific contact Select Case Application.ActiveWindow.Class Case olExplorer Set objContact = ActiveExplorer.Selection.Item(1) Case olInspector Set objContact = ActiveInspector.CurrentItem End Select 'Get the folder where the contact is located Set objCurrentFolder = objContact.parent If objCurrentFolder.DefaultItemType = olContactItem Then 'Add the contact to all contact groups in the current folder For Each objItem In objCurrentFolder.Items If TypeOf objItem Is DistListItem Then Set objContactGroup = objItem Set objTempMail = Outlook.Application.CreateItem(olMailItem) objTempMail.Recipients.Add (objContact.FullName) objTempMail.Recipients.ResolveAll objContactGroup.AddMembers objTempMail.Recipients objContactGroup.Save objTempMail.Close olDiscard End If Next End If End Sub
- After that, you can exit the VBA editor as usual.
- Then, go to “Outlook Options” to add the new macro to Quick Access Toolbar for latter convenience.
- After all the above steps, you can take a shot:
- At the outset, access “Contacts” area.
- Then, find the source contact. Select or open it to your liking.
- Next, click the macro in Quick Access Toolbar.
- Lastly, after this macro finishes, you can check all contact groups in the current folder. All of them will absolutely contain the specific contact.
Beware of All Threats around Your Outlook
As Outlook is vulnerable, regular users should watch out all the potential risks, including unknown email attachments, embedded links, etc. Otherwise, your PST data may get infected by viruses. Furthermore, it is a matter of necessity to make regular Outlook data backups. Also it is suggested to get hold of a specialized fix tool, like DataNumen Outlook Repair. It has earned a lot of kudos in that it can fix Outlook issues and restore maximum data from corrupted PST file in a jiffy.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including mdf recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com