Like Outlook file, Outlook profile is equally prone to corruption. So you had better archive your Outlook profiles. This article will teach you how to export and back up Outlook profiles.
As long as meeting Outlook errors, many people tend to rebuild Outlook profile in the first place. Nevertheless, it will be rather time-consuming to add all email accounts. Hence it is highly recommended to back up your Outlook profile when Outlook functions properly. Here are the elaborate steps.
Back up Your Outlook Profiles
- At the very outset, exit MS Outlook program normally and head to Windows “Start Menu”.
- In the search field of “Start Menu”, type “regedit”. Or press “Win + R” key buttons to bring out “Run” dialog box, and then input “regedit”.
- Then press “Enter” key button. Another small dialog box of “User Account Control” will pop up immediately. In it, you need to hit “Yes” option.
- After that, the “Registry Editor” window will arise. Based on your Outlook versions, you can find the following registry keys in sequence:
Outlook 2007 & 2010: “HKEY_CURRENT_USER” > “Software” > “Microsoft” > “Windows NT” > “CurrentVersion” > “Windows Messaging Subsystem” > “Profiles”
Outlook 2013: “HKEY_CURRENT_USER”>”Software” > “Microsoft” > “Office” > “15.0” >”Outlook” > “Profiles”
- Next right click “Profiles” registry key and choose “Export” from the popup right click menu.
- Later a new dialog box of “Export Registry File” will show up, in which you can follow the steps listed as below:
- For a start, click the down arrow in “Save in” field and select the target folder to save the file as per your desire.
- And then in the bottom “File name” field, specify a name for this file, such as “My Outlook Profiles”.
- Lastly, click on “Save” button.
- Eventually, the “Export Registry File” will close. You ought to close “Registry Editor” interface as well. Directly click on “X” icon in the upper right corner.
Now you could go to the preset destination path to find the exported Registry file. It is suggested to back up the file just by copying it to your external hard drives. As for how to restore the backed up profile, right click the file and choose to open it with “Registry Editor”. You will receive a prompt but click “Yes” straightly. And Windows will import the Registry file automatically.
Create a New Outlook Profile
Similar to Outlook file, Outlook profile is vulnerable as well. When you find that Outlook malfunctions, you could start from creating a new profile. However, if the measure cannot recover Outlook, you should proceed to take Outlook corruption into consideration. In this case, you ought to take aid of an experienced tool, such as DataNumen Outlook Repair, which can minimize data loss or corruption and get back the maximum Outlook data in quick time.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com