Many users hope that Outlook can reminds them of the appointments, which are scheduled on weekends, on previous Friday. Now, this article will share a method to achieve it.
By default, the reminders for Outlook appointments are usually set to 15 minutes before the appointments. In this situation, if any appointments are scheduled on weekends, the reminder will alert you on weekends. However, as the time is out of your working hours, most of time, you may not see this reminder in time. Thus, some users hope to set the reminder of such appointments on previous Friday. Here we’ll share a way that can auto set the reminder of weekend appointments on the former Friday.
Auto Set the Reminders of Weekend Appointments on Previous Friday
- At the very outset, you should launch your Outlook application.
- Then, in the Outlook main screen, you need to press “Alt + F11” key buttons.
- Next you’ll get access to the Outlook VBA editor window, in which you ought to find and open the “ThisOutlookSession” project.
- Subsequently, you would be required to copy and paste the following VBA code into this project window.
Public WithEvents objAppointments As Outlook.Items Private Sub Application_Startup() Set objAppointments = Application.Session.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderCalendar).Items End Sub Private Sub objAppointments_ItemAdd(ByVal Item As Object) Call SetReminderonFriday(Item) End Sub Private Sub objAppointments_ItemChange(ByVal Item As Object) Call SetReminderonFriday(Item) End Sub Sub SetReminderonFriday(ByVal objItem As Object) Dim objAppointment As Outlook.AppointmentItem Dim dStartDate As Date If TypeName(objItem) = "AppointmentItem" Then Set objAppointment = objItem dStartDate = Format(objAppointment.Start, "Short Date") Select Case Weekday(dStartDate) 'If the appointment is scheduled on Saturday Case 7 objAppointment.ReminderSet = True objAppointment.ReminderMinutesBeforeStart = 60 * 24 'If the appointment is scheduled on Sunday Case 1 objAppointment.ReminderSet = True objAppointment.ReminderMinutesBeforeStart = (60 * 24) * 2 End Select objAppointment.Save End If End Sub
- Later, you should sign this code. Click on “Tools” in toolbar and select “Digital Signature” option from the drop down list. In the new dialog box, just follow its onscreen instructions.
- After that, you can exit the window and change your Outlook macro settings to enable signed macros.
- Finally, since then, the reminders of the appointments, which are scheduled on weekends, will be automatically set on previous Friday.
Salvage Your Outlook Data after Crashes
Many users long for a mighty means to predict Outlook errors and crashes. But, in reality, it is impossible to some extent. Outlook can get corrupted just in a flash. Therefore, even though you take various precautions, sometimes, you still cannot keep far away from Outlook data disasters. Under this circumstance, you’d better prepare an experienced and well-known Outlook fix utility, such as DataNumen Outlook Repair. It can come to your rescue and extract maximum Outlook data no matter how seriously your PST is damaged.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including recover mdf and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com
Leave a Reply